Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda atv camo wrap ripoff

Honda atv camo wrap ripoff

If you are thinking of a new ATV consider this

Honda ATV RIP-OFF. So I bought a New Honda 420 4trax fm VI Honda. I was up sold the Camo Wrap as t being a great option for hunters. I go out to Prep it for the up coming season. Now this POS has 350 Km on it, it is stored indoors, Imagine my surprise to find the optional camo wrap all pealing off. Called VI Honda Oh the warranty has expired your SOL was the reply. Called Honda Canada Same Bull shit. Now I was up sold this wrap for not a few extra dollars, being told it was a good product now Im looking at 5-700 $ to strip, prep and paint the panels. If the camo wrap was standard I would not be happy but when I get charged extra for a POS that doesn't last.
    Anyone thinking about a new 4 trax, don,t fall for the POS camo up sell,
    I personally wont deal with Honda ever again. Rip me off once shame on Honda, rip me off twice shame on Me.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Honda atv camo wrap ripoff

That's a new twist (never heard of a wrap for an ATV) and yes, shame on Honda. My 500 Honda is camo, but not a "wrap."

A friend of mine bought a new honda pioneer [ UTV thing ] from them a few years back. It never really ran quite right. died randomly and would sputter etc.. I experienced it a couple times on hunt trips. dead battery too once while out in the dark. [ jumpstarted from another bike] He had taken it back to VI honda several times to get it looked at. They couldn't find an issue with it. But in the end the shop and Honda Canada said we can't do much for you. If I remember correctly they worded the emails something like " we understand there is an issue but in looking for it we can't find a problem so it must be ok and you are now on your own" or something vaguely legal like that. He doesn't own a honda anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    That's a new twist (never heard of a wrap for an ATV) and yes, shame on Honda. My 500 Honda is camo, but not a "wrap."
    Same. Camo on mine doesn't even look like paint. It's like part of plastic composition

Should'a bought Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    If you are thinking of a new ATV consider this

[FONT="]Honda ATV RIP-OFF. So I bought a New Honda 420 4trax fm VI Honda. I was up sold the Camo Wrap as t being a great option for hunters. I go out to Prep it for the up coming season. Now this POS has 350 Km on it, it is stored indoors, Imagine my surprise to find the optional camo wrap all pealing off. Called VI Honda Oh the warranty has expired your SOL was the reply. Called Honda Canada Same Bull shit. Now I was up sold this wrap for not a few extra dollars, being told it was a good product now Im looking at 5-700 $ to strip, prep and paint the panels. If the camo wrap was standard I would not be happy but when I get charged extra for a POS that doesn't last. [/FONT]
    [FONT="]Anyone thinking about a new 4 trax, don,t fall for the POS camo up sell, [/FONT]
    I personally wont deal with Honda ever again. Rip me off once shame on Honda, rip me off twice shame on Me.
    How old is your 420 Foxton?

Low clicks and if it’s a 2020 I’d say you have a right to be upset but if it’s 10 years old then I’d say you are expecting a bit much if you’re looking for any warranty on it.

You say new but all quads are new when they were first bought. What year is it?

sorry about your troubles Foxton. Nothing pisses me off more than shelling out big $$$ on a new item and to have issues with it right out of the gate (be it function or finish). The only thing that would make it sting less would be to have a manufacturer or dealer that would stand behind the product/sale and make it right.

Glad I picked up a sportsman 570 premium with a winch for less than a base model Honda 420… they are riding high on their name and former quality, the new machines are nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    How old is your 420 Foxton?

Low clicks and if it’s a 2020 I’d say you have a right to be upset but if it’s 10 years old then I’d say you are expecting a bit much if you’re looking for any warranty on it.

You say new but all quads are new when they were first bought. What year is it?
    IN another forum he said it is a 2013. And Complaining it has no warranty. LOL!

I'm always leary of 'upsell' items on anything & never take the bait. Prime example is extended warranty. Money cow for the company & extra commission for the the salespeople. If you have a durable product there should be no need for any warranty.

I have to ask, camo on an ATV? By the time you park the thing anything wild within miles will have vacated, won't be waiting around to admire the camo on you or your vehicle.