Thread: 742 zone c goat draw

742 zone c goat draw

Myself and a buddy both drew goat tags for this area, we put in because it is close to another area we will be hunting in a couple weeks. I know I know, dont put in if you dont know the area, fortunately there is a great resource called HBC and I thought I would ask for your help?

Has anyone hunted this zone?
    How is access to the area, is it fly or boat in only?
    Is there an outfitter that can fly or jetboat us in?

Any help or intel would be greatly appreciated, we dont want the tags to go to waste and it would be nice to give it a try, thanks in advance👍

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 742 zone c goat draw

Is that off the west end of Klingzut mnt
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

The map on the government website says its in the northern rocky mountains park. I dont see a mountain on the map but it really doesnt show much detail��*♂️

A few hung out above the Prophet nearing the Besa junction. If that's the area.

Horse back in from Trutch Minaker path, unknown if still an old atv trail in from Leaks old property near Trutch is still active. Nearing Klingzut, and park border it's hike from there.

You may access south of Klingzut, but it's no cake walk. None of it is. Besa River Outfitters .....? Maybe they can take you I'm not sure.

Now looking at the map I don't think this is the zone you need. Do your homework.
    Last edited by Imdone; 08-31-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Sounds like you know the area, I appreciate the feedback. I know we are late and home work is overdue��*♂️

There is an airstrip on the Besa along klingzut mtn good goat hunting there, klingzut known for goats. Double aa outfitters has an airstrip on the prophet in that area, could fly in there. Nick has cabins and horses. Saw lots of goats and several potential opportunities on billies but we had no tag.