Thread: Looking for lower mainland waterfowling buddies

Looking for lower mainland waterfowling buddies

Hey there.

Relatively new to waterfowling. Been house hunting in Richmond and duck hunting out by Ladner. Will be getting a Brittany later in the year so I want to get deeper into waterfowling out here.

Would love to make some contacts with people who waterfowl out here so we can go out together.

Message me. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for lower mainland waterfowling buddies

I'll be in Pitt Addington a bunch, I'm interested in Ladner as well, I have a boat.

Having a boat opens up many areas. I had the privilege to be able to tag along with buddies with boats last year in Ladner and we had good luck on Duck Island, Barber island, Woodward island (the islands to the east end of the Fraser arms are private). Each time we could pick any island and be the only hunters on it. And ducks not pressured at all, but there is so much space you have to observe their flight paths and anticipate them. I have kayak this year so will be attempting to do the same. Go out with a buddy. The first time I went out we got stuck and it took the two of us digging and pushing and pulling to get his boat out. Pay attention to the tides!

You would do well in pitt addington with a kayak, the water level is very low.

For some reason all these years I haven't done Pitt Addington yet but intend to this year.

You'll do well, i had several fly overhead with no decoys.

Hey guys, I live in Vancouver and also am looking for people to go waterfowling with- I am really new to hunting though. I have just my basic gear but hopefully will be getting an inflatable kayak shortly. PM me if interested, I work shift work and my days off rotate

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Having a boat opens up many areas. I had the privilege to be able to tag along with buddies with boats last year in Ladner and we had good luck on Duck Island, Barber island, Woodward island (the islands to the east end of the Fraser arms are private). Each time we could pick any island and be the only hunters on it. And ducks not pressured at all, but there is so much space you have to observe their flight paths and anticipate them. I have kayak this year so will be attempting to do the same. Go out with a buddy. The first time I went out we got stuck and it took the two of us digging and pushing and pulling to get his boat out. Pay attention to the tides!
    My 1754 is on its way here from Missouri and will be ready for duck duty if you want to share some spots? I’ve done most of the walk in spots in Ladner and Delta. I will be mounting a receiver on the bow for my 4500 lb winch. Attached to the boats anchor, it can drag you back into the water easily.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Hey i'm in the Valley and i'm looking for others to go with for my first hunt! I have pretty much everything gear-wise i think. Would love to go for the opening day duck hunt.

For a boat would a 18 to 20 john boat and 120 hp merc work??