Thread: Atlin

Atlin

Hello there people. Been a while. I have an opportunity to head up to Atlin on short notice. A buddy (non-hunter) is going up for a two day job doing what he does and asked if I would like to come along. His initial plan was to fly up but he knows I hunt so he's extending this opportunity to me and is willing to hang out there for 10 or so days so I could scout around/hunt etc. It is short notice as I've mentioned and I have never been up in this area so what do you figure' yay or nay? He was to fly up but if I'm willing to go he's renting a truck so I could rip around and we can both check the area out for the week after his work. Need to know your secret spots for HUGE Moose, Sheep and Caribou!!!!! lol Kidding of course but any suggestions or input to point me in a direction would be awesome...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Atlin

To hell with trying to be productive...

Parachuting in to an area on a last minute lark are usually the most memorable....

Getting an animal would just the cherry on top of the cupcake so to speak.

Go, have fun and report back with what you have found!

Only moose is open rest is LEH. We are having a bit of rain right now and the leaves are starting to change.

I would never say no to the chance to explore
    Another option is to fly to Whitehorse with Air North and rent a p/u there, cuts travel time and costs maybe similar
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Hunted there for 10 days in 2017, saw many cows, and several grizzlies,,no bulls, and we covered a lot of ground on ATV's saw a caribou bull, but hey are on LEH,,apparently the place is over hunted with as many as 50 camps in Sept, we were there in late Aug, no hunters,,but the locals said they were comin,,lol not my choice for a hunting trip anymore

We do get up to 50 camps in sept maybe more. It gets pretty crowded. It’s a beautiful spot to live though.

Hey if I was you I would go. You may never have a chance to go again.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat catcher View Post
    We do get up to 50 camps in sept maybe more. It gets pretty crowded. It’s a beautiful spot to live though.
    Yes I was quite surprised when the locals told me that. We went to the bar to watch the McGregor fight, and met a bunch of nice people

Update: Atlin's is not gonna happen at this point. Thank you for the input tho people. Sticking with my original plans to head out Sept. 9. Best of luck to you all this season!! Cheers.