Thread: Monashee Outdoors Armstrong

Monashee Outdoors Armstrong

Hey guys just wanted to put a plug out there for Ryan Pat from Monashee Outdoors in Armstrong. Ryan has built an incredible outdoor retail business with an incredible gun wall with over 200 firearms, reloading gear, full archery gear, backpacking gear etc... Really good small town service and great pricing. I have spent many dollars at Monashee Outdoors and am very happy every time I've popped in or purchased something. It's actually pretty impressive how much inventory he has managed to pack into the store.

If you get a chance to support a mom and pop small town store you won't be disappointed with these guys.

Brent

https://www.monasheeoutdoors.ca

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Monashee Outdoors Armstrong

Cool of you to post it. I may end up close to Armstrong in the next year or so and was SERIOUSLY underwhelmed by the supposed “huge hunting and fishing store” 40 mins NW from Armstrong. I’ll need a good store in the ‘hood.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

SERIOUSLY underwhelmed by the supposed “huge hunting and fishing store” 40 mins NW from Armstrong

Then you will be disappointed again
    Westside Store is still likely the biggest in the south interior
    Size isn't everything

Monashee Outdoors is a great alternative to anything else in the north Okanagan
    Good people too
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Ryan is also a great supporter and promoter of shooting sports, very active at the Armstrong Fish and Game Club

I wasn’t naming any particular store, but since you did BH, I will say this about Westside... They may have the “biggest” store, but maybe that’s a BAD thing, as it sure didn’t seem to have much of anything in it when I was there this time last year. I’m all about the mom and pop type stores. I spend every dollar I can in my 3 favourite stores (Reliable, Stillwater and International). I’ve been friends with the family that owns Reliable for 20+ years, and the staff at both Stillwater and International treat me as if I am family. I hope that wherever we end up, the local store ends up being a great resource and supplier.

Yeah, 2020 was a tough year on a lot of businesses that couldn't get shipments
    I'm sure you will be able to find what you need up here, within a short drive

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Yeah, 2020 was a tough year on a lot of businesses that couldn't get shipments
    I'm sure you will be able to find what you need up here, within a short drive
    It was actually 2019. It feels like last year, but was two years ago. Man life moves fast. Either way, they were friendly enough, but it just seemed like the store was sparsely stocked. As I said, it’s the problem of having too much space. Their ads on here actually advertise the square footage of the store, so it had me thinking they must have a ton of stuff. Maybe my expectations were too high?

Where are you located in the N Okanogan BH? I grew up in the Eagle Bay area, and Hellowna so traveled that corridor a couple of days a week. I am hoping to be back soon!

I wholeheartedly agree about Monashee Outdoors. Great store, great people, great pricing!