Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ear protection while hunting?

Re: Ear protection while hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Huk View Post
    I’ll take that as a no.

I use Walker Razors as well
    Hey Huk. It's a 'no'. I have a pair of custom plugs - I can't remember the company that made them. I found the recommendation on here. The company is in Surrey. They're awesome - but they're just passive and are a block. I put them in at the range or before I shoot while hunting. Previously I just used the foam plugs. They work almost as well but the custom ones are definitely better and more comfy.

I would really like something where you could hear. But as someone else noted - all I hear is wind etc if I use my walkers. And, they're not comfortable for hiking around. They are ok if you're sitting but then it's another damn thing to carry. So, now I'm back to just hanging the plugs around my neck and putting them in before I shoot.

If you're interested in trying out a pair - they have a pretty good deal if you buy 2 sets (199 US$). It's 20 bucks to ship to Canada or free if I take delivery at my PO Box in Blaine. I'd be willing to buy the 2 pair and split the price with ya.

I use Walker Razors when at the range and in the field. I also use them while cutting my grass and weed eating to be honest. They're great.

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Hey Huk. It's a 'no'. I have a pair of custom plugs - I can't remember the company that made them. I found the recommendation on here. The company is in Surrey. They're awesome - but they're just passive and are a block. I put them in at the range or before I shoot while hunting. Previously I just used the foam plugs. They work almost as well but the custom ones are definitely better and more comfy.

I would really like something where you could hear. But as someone else noted - all I hear is wind etc if I use my walkers. And, they're not comfortable for hiking around. They are ok if you're sitting but then it's another damn thing to carry. So, now I'm back to just hanging the plugs around my neck and putting them in before I shoot.

If you're interested in trying out a pair - they have a pretty good deal if you buy 2 sets (199 US$). It's 20 bucks to ship to Canada or free if I take delivery at my PO Box in Blaine. I'd be willing to buy the 2 pair and split the price with ya.
    Thanks for the offer, but I ordered a pair to try out. I found a 50% off discount code.. GSEXTREME50 if anyones interested
    Well, I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.
    Dear CRA, Please cancel my subscription.

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.

Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Quote Originally Posted by Huk View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I ordered a pair to try out. I found a 50% off discount code.. GSEXTREME50 if anyones interested
    Hmmm. The discount code doesn't work for me. But thanks for the share!

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Hmmm. The discount code doesn't work for me. But thanks for the share!
    I figured it out. GSEXTREME35 is 35% off when buying 1. GSEXTREME50 IS 50% off when buying 2
    Well, I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.
    Dear CRA, Please cancel my subscription.

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.