Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ear protection while hunting?

Re: Ear protection while hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Huk View Post
    I’ll take that as a no.

I use Walker Razors as well
    Hey Huk. It's a 'no'. I have a pair of custom plugs - I can't remember the company that made them. I found the recommendation on here. The company is in Surrey. They're awesome - but they're just passive and are a block. I put them in at the range or before I shoot while hunting. Previously I just used the foam plugs. They work almost as well but the custom ones are definitely better and more comfy.

I would really like something where you could hear. But as someone else noted - all I hear is wind etc if I use my walkers. And, they're not comfortable for hiking around. They are ok if you're sitting but then it's another damn thing to carry. So, now I'm back to just hanging the plugs around my neck and putting them in before I shoot.

If you're interested in trying out a pair - they have a pretty good deal if you buy 2 sets (199 US$). It's 20 bucks to ship to Canada or free if I take delivery at my PO Box in Blaine. I'd be willing to buy the 2 pair and split the price with ya.

I use Walker Razors when at the range and in the field. I also use them while cutting my grass and weed eating to be honest. They're great.

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Hey Huk. It's a 'no'. I have a pair of custom plugs - I can't remember the company that made them. I found the recommendation on here. The company is in Surrey. They're awesome - but they're just passive and are a block. I put them in at the range or before I shoot while hunting. Previously I just used the foam plugs. They work almost as well but the custom ones are definitely better and more comfy.

I would really like something where you could hear. But as someone else noted - all I hear is wind etc if I use my walkers. And, they're not comfortable for hiking around. They are ok if you're sitting but then it's another damn thing to carry. So, now I'm back to just hanging the plugs around my neck and putting them in before I shoot.

If you're interested in trying out a pair - they have a pretty good deal if you buy 2 sets (199 US$). It's 20 bucks to ship to Canada or free if I take delivery at my PO Box in Blaine. I'd be willing to buy the 2 pair and split the price with ya.
    Thanks for the offer, but I ordered a pair to try out. I found a 50% off discount code.. GSEXTREME50 if anyones interested
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.

Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Thanks for the offer, but I ordered a pair to try out. I found a 50% off discount code.. GSEXTREME50 if anyones interested
    Hmmm. The discount code doesn't work for me. But thanks for the share!

Hmmm. The discount code doesn't work for me. But thanks for the share!
    I figured it out. GSEXTREME35 is 35% off when buying 1. GSEXTREME50 IS 50% off when buying 2
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.

I figured it out. GSEXTREME35 is 35% off when buying 1. GSEXTREME50 IS 50% off when buying 2

How are the ear buds?

How are the ear buds?
    Very comfortable, wore them for over 5 hours at the range one day. Could hear the guys talking over a couple bays, but the shots were very quiet. Don’t get the wind noise like I do with the Walker Razors. Probably around 15 hours now and haven’t charged them since my initial charge. I didn’t connect the Bluetooth because I don’t listen to music or want to talk to anyone on the phone when at the range or in the bush. Put them in and forget about them. I was half way up the hill leaving the range when I remembered I still had them in.
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

I have a set of low profile muffs that enhance hearing and instantly block loud noises... great for waterfowling and I might try them in a treestand with the bow. I've been seeing these advertised heavily on FB and am tempted. anyone try them? If you do please let em know how they work out for you. Thanks

https://goaxil.com/pages/gsextreme?f...m_term=static3
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Had a pair of $300 custom noise canceling in ear buds and I lost them so it’s back to foam ones when I remember. But as mentioned above they float around in various pockets. Buy them at the hardware store by the bucket lol