Thread: Sling Hook for pack ideas?

Sling Hook for pack ideas?

I have finally had enough of my sling constantly sliding off my shoulder while wearing a pack.

I own and can use the Kuiu Quick Draw type rifle carrying options. But, I am not looking for suggestions for those type of systems as they have a time and a place for me to use them. Sometimes I just prefer using a normal sling with a pack.

What I am wondering is if anyone knows of a product similar to the Talaric Sling holder that is available in Canada?

Or better yet, anyone have a DIY sling holder they have made for their pack?

thanks

https://talarik.com/shop-talarik-products/slinghook

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sling Hook for pack ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by thick View Post
    I have finally had enough of my sling constantly sliding off my shoulder while wearing a pack.

I own and can use the Kuiu Quick Draw type rifle carrying options. But, I am not looking for suggestions for those type of systems as they have a time and a place for me to use them. Sometimes I just prefer using a normal sling with a pack.

What I am wondering is if anyone knows of a product similar to the Talaric Sling holder that is available in Canada?

thanks

Check out the huntsuccess quick release huntsuccess.com

Usually when these threads pop up most people will tell you to buy a kifaru gun bearer and dont look back. I tried out a couple different things before the gun bearer, but it works the best. The last trip I was on I stuffed my rifle in a side pocket on my pack for the long haul in and switched to my fun bearer as soon we were hunting.

Ive seen these recently too and think they might serve some kind of purpose, but probably not what you’re looking for.

https://oldballsinc.com/collections/...roducts?page=2
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I ordered a few of Talarik's sling hooks for family stocking stuffers a couple years ago, they work pretty good. There was a guy selling gun-bearer style holsters (The Gun Bucket) at the Kamloops Gun Show this spring, I picked up one of those and it works awesome. I think he and his wife make them locally in Kamloops, and it was quite a bit more affordable than Kifaru's option. His name was Jason, 250-377-3985.

Quote Originally Posted by thick View Post

thanks

if your running the Kuiu quick release, are you running their entire frame set up? Have you looked at the sling hook they now have out?

Thanks for the replies, the sell some decent looking ‘tactical’ ones designed for air soft or something from aliexpress.

For now, I just put a camelback hose holder onto my hunting pack from my biking pack and it worked quite well this weekend. It will eventually break if it gets cold but no issues so far…