Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Petition link... Remove Coyotes from stanley park

Re: Petition link... Remove Coyotes from stanley park

Quote Originally Posted by dracb View Post
    You are correct the coyotes migrated into the lower mainland after the European migration .Actually I think you will find the first coyote was reported in Vancouver in the 1890's. But, I do not remember seeing any here in the early 1970's
    Coyotes have been in Vancouver for as long as I've lived there and that's from 1950 on to recent years.
    Rarely seen as there were lots of wooded areas in the City, those areas have decreased dramatically over the decades.
    We lost a cat to a coyote on the front porch of our East Van house in the 70's and regularly saw them walking down the middle of the Street in the '80's.
    Warning signs were up regularly at New Brighton Park when we would walk our dogs there.
    Wild life, including coyotes have lost a huge amount of habitat in Vancouver over the decades.
    Not a big fan of coyotes in the City but the blame finger should be pointed at the idiots that feed them in the Parks.

This is not a position to sign in my opinion. The hunting community and conservationists have predicted this would happen for years. It's happening. Let those in the lower mainland learn to live with wildlife. That's what they are always telling the rest of the province to do.

I’m still at a loss to figure out why anyone would post the link to this petition in the first place. None of us should sign it. The more libtard babies that get bitten, the better () so they will realize that not all wildlife should be snuggled!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Naw, let coyotes eat some granola.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I agree that public safety comes first.
    BUT, how do we educate people that these fuzzy little creatures they see are "over populating" areas all over BC and can
    wreak havoc on deer populations etc like they do in the States.
    HOW do we educate folks on "predator control", if we don't let them "experience" what these creatures are capable of???

I wont be signing, and i am not trying to throw it back into the OP's face.
    OP has a right to opinion.
    I just want to voice my thoughts and why i think we shouldn't.
    Time for the public to see what wildlife is capable of, and why hunting "should be" accepted by all.

When I was a kid in the early '70s in North Van we saw enough coyotes that we'd go out early in the morning to try to spot them, and we took plaster casts of their prints.

No need to sign a petition to get rid of them. J_T and others are right. It won't hurt for urban people to learn what wild animals are about. Plus, Vancouver and the province have many more pressing problems.

What about the woman found dead in the blueberry field in Pitt Meadows? Any conclusive news on that or is that story going down the memory hole? It's rare that IHIT calls in the COs on a case....
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quick suggestion... Canadianise your petition template. Using an American template sends a tainted message.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    This is not a position to sign in my opinion. The hunting community and conservationists have predicted this would happen for years. It's happening. Let those in the lower mainland learn to live with wildlife. That's what they are always telling the rest of the province to do.
    Wish i could say things as well as you do.
    It takes you 2 sentences.
    Takes me a paragraph at the very least

How about if you're running in the park between dusk and dawn, carry pepper spray and spray a cayotes if it tries to bite you. Isn't that what the spray is for? Anyone thought of that?

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunt View Post
    How about if you're running in the park between dusk and dawn, carry pepper spray and spray a cayotes if it tries to bite you. Isn't that what the spray is for? Anyone thought of that?

Pistol grip 410. Just saying'
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey