Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GPS Questions ?

Re: GPS Questions ?

@artic - you can play with my 66i if you want. I'll even lend it to you for a few days if you want to use it on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    @artic - you can play with my 66i if you want. I'll even lend it to you for a few days if you want to use it on your own.
    If I’m closer to you than he is Artic, you can also try mine out. I even have a screen protector to keep it safe ^^

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedust View Post
    What do the monthly plans cost for these (explorer/inreach) units?
    I bought the inReach Mini and have used it for about a year plus.
    I got the Exploration Freedom plan. Costs $70/mo but it has no other costs. What I do like about it, I stop the plan for 9 months after hunting season. No cost. I start it up again in the summer and run monthly on it until I'm finished backcountry hunting.

I will upgrade my garmin plan to the yearly subscription soon. Ended up using it and the texting 12 months as I always happen to be outside. Worth it, also like the flex plans you can put it on pause for $0.

I haven’t priced out the zoleo yet but it looks promising. Just gonna smoke what I got for now

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    I will upgrade my garmin plan to the yearly subscription soon. Ended up using it and the texting 12 months as I always happen to be outside. Worth it, also like the flex plans you can put it on pause for $0.

I haven’t priced out the zoleo yet but it looks promising. Just gonna smoke what I got for now
    Used my Zoleo on our sheep trip this year and have to say I’m impressed. Links to satellites quickly, just open the app and it’s ready to use. Texting is quick and flawless; can’t say anything but I’m happy with Zoleo.

By the way, I sent way more messages than I’d thought, they shot me a note to bump up my plan and it was instantaneous. That also saved me money; great service.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thanks to jlirot and RyoTHC for offers on your willingness to let me try your device ! Firstly I think you fellas are too far away from little old Haney .
    I’m going to have a look at YouTube and see if there is some clips on there to get a better understanding of GPS ,s and the 66i.

Mr. Rupp Thank you for your offer I have talked to you a couple of times concerning hunting always willing to help out others . I will PM.
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I need to learn how to use a compass and map together . I went to an MEC clinic years ago but found it useless and zero one on one . Do you know of a good You Tube vid ? I can use my compass for direction of travel but that’s about it .
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Become proficient with a compass and using the sun to navigate and save the$$ for better glass...

PM me if you want some pointers...

I think I may have missed something here . Do you need a cell phone with Data with a GPS device or do you use the GPS with its own plan . A lot of you keep saying you use your GPS and your cellphone combined , opening apps etc . Aaghh !
    Arctic Lake

66I with backroads maps.

ungodly expensive, but worth every single penny. Hit that SOS button once and it immediately pays for itself a hundred times over.

At least with the 66I I use, you don’t need data aside to download the app. It’s not necessary, but let’s you look at the maps on your phone, which is easier than the GPS. Set waypoints, tracks, all that sort of thing. With the 66I you can also send, and recieve Inreach messages from your phone, as well as access your phones contacts. Quite handy.