Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who has hunting nightmares?

Re: Who has hunting nightmares?

I have had reoccurring dreams about hunting and flyfishing.

The general theme seems to be that I only have a little time to get ready and hunt before it gets dark, then something goes wrong, like I forget something, can't find something or get held up in some way that I run out of daylight before I get to start hunting. If only my mind could figure out it's legal to night hunt in dreams.

I don't think I have ever actually caught a fish or harvested an animal in any dream. I don't think any were actual nightmares, theme is always just a little frustration and disappointment.

One time I had a nightmare while I was asleep at camp. I dreamed I was in some slum getting robbed and screamed at the top of my lungs. Scared the heck out of caddisguy. Thank goodness my brother camped 20 yards away didn't hear because of the loud creek. Probably would have jumped out with a rifle.

what were you hunting?...lol or should I ask

I'd say get your stuff in order, know exactly when the seasons are, write a cheat sheet, or use i hunter. it also comes in handy for knowing exactly what region, and area you are in via your phones gps.
    Spend time observing and glassing animals in the summer so you know what you are seeing when the moment comes.
    Make sure your rifle and/or bow is set up and sighted in properly and you're certain of that fact. Practice as much as you can in the off season until you're confident in the type of shot you're going to take hunting.
    Run through the sequence of events in your mind many times as to what you're going to do when the moment comes. Spot it, identify if its legal and what you're looking for, make sure its a respectful and ethical shot, and then take the time to do it right. Unless you're starving, better to pass than screw it up. Make a hard decision to follow your plan, and maybe your bad dreams will go away
    Last edited by downsouth204; 09-12-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Someone said don't drink milk before bed it'll make you dream. I have more dreams if I sleep more than 6 hours it seems. Quite often have hunting dreams, in the field bearing down on a nice bull/buck but usually wake up on the shot. Sometimes when out hunting we have those deja vu moments, sure seems like it happens in locations from my dreams.
    Last edited by HappyJack; 09-12-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Have night,ares of running out of beers, whiskey and ice too early!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...