Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: programming Baofeng with file?

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Re: programming Baofeng with file?

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    It would totally matter the conditions. I was curious about the range you were getting with each. The 82 has almost double the power of the 5R so it’s always going to work at greater distances.

NO it was comparing apples to apples, so in exactly same conditions it performed better. So providing test area and conditions the same it is what counts. If you had one at ocean shore and other in mountains, then you can not compare. SO 100% same conditions nothing else matters
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

As I said, I WASN’T INTERESTED IN THE COMPARISON. JUST THE RANGE YOU GOT AND UNDER WHAT CONDITIONS YOU WERE USING THEM IN.

I shouted that at you so you’d hear it this time. I’m well aware that the geography will effect range, as will power output.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

download the frequency from the Forestry site and use this software to load to radio.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    My new UV-5R Radio is 5 watt and i need another similar one UV-82HP with 10 watt's - nearly the same price - is it BETTER to be getting it ? or a UV-S9 RJ
    Where is the best place to buy these now?
    Need a few new ones

The higher the watts the better, the battery is important too the higher the mA
    hours the better

Usually takes a couple weeks sometimes less depending on what merchant you use. Bought a least a dozen over the years for myself and friends, and never have had any issues. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210827165400& SearchText=baofeng+radio. Forgot to mention that I always buy one at a time to avoid any customs issues.
    Last edited by Stresd; 08-27-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Great
    thanks!

I have got three Uv S9 radios for friends lately. The two 10W models test 6 & 6.1 watts. The 8w model tests 5.8w So they defiantly do not live up to there advertised specs. Nice thing is they do have a 2800mah battery. You also have to modify a 771 antenna if you want to use one. They program on chirp with the UV5R stuff or Radiodiddy stuff. Feel nicer in the hand than a 5R as they are a bit bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MICKEY View Post
    I have got three Uv S9 radios for friends lately. The two 10W models test 6 & 6.1 watts. The 8w model tests 5.8w So they defiantly do not live up to there advertised specs. Nice thing is they do have a 2800mah battery. You also have to modify a 771 antenna if you want to use one. They program on chirp with the UV5R stuff or Radiodiddy stuff. Feel nicer in the hand than a 5R as they are a bit bigger.

Thank you for co-berating the power output testing that I also did on these radio's. Upgrading antennas make big difference in performance.

Being out on the Quad every week - the Baofeng Radios seem to work fine for what we want SO far RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Being out on the Quad every week - the Baofeng Radios seem to work fine for what we want SO far RJ
    Good to hear RJ. They do the job for me too. I listen to the marine forecast on mine at home long before I think about heading to the boat. Not sure how far from the water it will receive that, but I’m impressed I get it at the house with all the interference on land.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.