Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: programming Baofeng with file?

Re: programming Baofeng with file?

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Getting a Baofeng is like putting a junk scope on your sheep hunting rifle. You can do a lot better for a few dollars more.
    Agreed. I've done the Baofeng thing and still have 2 of them with some extra kit. They were hit and miss most of the time. Upgraded to an Icom unit a couple years ago and it's night and day much better. Much longer range and consistent quality. Think I paid $250 for a used unit pre-programmed. 128 channels with all of the RR's, Oil & Gas, etc.
    YMMV

Everyone keeps justifying the use of radios in the name of "safety" yet they place their lives in the hands of the shittiest, least suitable product on the market....

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Agreed. I've done the Baofeng thing and still have 2 of them with some extra kit. They were hit and miss most of the time. Upgraded to an Icom unit a couple years ago and it's night and day much better. Much longer range and consistent quality. Think I paid $250 for a used unit pre-programmed. 128 channels with all of the RR's, Oil & Gas, etc.
    YMMV
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    Everyone keeps justifying the use of radios in the name of "safety" yet they place their lives in the hands of the shittiest, least suitable product on the market....
    you bet
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

And you keep sounding off about it every time too , I guess we are all broken records. Funny you have recommended other expensive brands before, so that is ok, but not these ones . Do you sell radios? The majority of all your posts are on this subject. I know people who have been using these Baofeng for a very long time and none have ever failed or been a problem, and side by side with "name brands" they transmit and receive just as well for a fraction of the cost
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    Funny you have recommended other expensive brands before, so that is ok, but not these ones . Do you sell radios?
    I think you need to work on your reading comprehension....

The only recent post where I suggested an expensive make of radio was This post: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...90#post2270790
    The question was, what is LEGAL.
    I didn't answer a question on what works and is cheap....

I saw your multiple posts many times, on this subject, hard not too

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension....

The only recent post where I suggested an expensive make of radio was This post: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...90#post2270790
    The question was, what is LEGAL.
    I didn't answer a question on what works and is cheap....

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    I saw your multiple posts many times, on this subject, hard not too
    Well that's a good thing then....

Pop quiz for you just to see if you have been paying attention.

Does an amateur radio license qualify you to transmit on the resource road frequencies?

I just bought a new in box Baofeng UV-5R fully programmed today for $70 I will test it out tomorrow and report tomorrow night . RJ

We all know the answer officer. But again you tell people to buy more expensive which still have the same guidelines. So do you work for a company that sells top end radios not affordable cheaper ones that work fine also

Well that's a good thing then....

Pop quiz for you just to see if you have been paying attention.

Does an amateur radio license qualify you to transmit on the resource road frequencies?

I work with Motorola and Icom radios at work on a daily basis. Have done since 1989. My personal radios? Baofengs. And guess what? In years of use, the Baofengs have transmitted and received EVERY time I or my hunting partner push the PTT. Are the Motorola units we use nicer? Sure. Are they 10x the cost? Yup.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.