Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Valley Access

Lost Valley Access

Hi Gents,

First off thanks to all of you that have contributed great info to this site over the years it has been key for a lot of my learning.

Made an attempt at accessing the Lost Valley on foot for a muley hunt via Barkley Valley then up and over the Twin Lakes route in late Sept. last year.

Unfortunately it was snowing hard up at the top and one look down the chute towards the Lost Valley and my hunting partner and I decided it was best to turn around.

Would like to try and get up into the Lost Valley again this year and wondering if anyone has info on other possible routes or is the Twin Lakes route generally the best way to access this valley?

PM's welcome if you prefer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lost Valley Access

".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post

Jaeger - How do you know it's closed and why is it closed? Fire? Something else? Looks very nice up there. Also thanks for the steer to Alltrails.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Jaeger - How do you know it's closed and why is it closed? Fire? Something else? Looks very nice up there. Also thanks for the steer to Alltrails.
    Only going by the website posting.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/i...o-sky-district

Haylmore Creek FSR 5694

• Recommend 4WD, drive with caution
    • At ~8km road subject to debris; no vehicle access beyond 14km
    • April 1 - June 15 annually: motor vehicle prohibition on Haylmore Creek upstream of the bridge crossing over Common Johnny Creek. (Wildlife Act, section 76(k))
    Last edited by MichelD; 08-19-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Are you someone i might know from Instagram? Let me know via PM.
    You're not an active member on here and people are generally apprehensive giving out information to complete strangers

There are 4 reasonable ways into this valley. Two of which are proper trails.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 08-20-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Up Barkley, up and over is the best route, because of various options.

Expect company. Both other hunters and greenies. The place isn't what it was because of Social Media.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

I've been up Haylmore to the end and then up Common Johnny to the end and hiked ridges there scouting this time of year for goats when a buddy had a tag. Never saw a goat and despite amazingly abundant looking habitat never saw deer either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Only going by the website posting.

k, thanks.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I've been up Haylmore to the end and then up Common Johnny to the end and hiked ridges there scouting this time of year for goats when a buddy had a tag. Never saw a goat and despite amazingly abundant looking habitat never saw deer either.
    I agree. The area looks like it should hold a lot more deer than it does.
    Goats are there but not in high numbers. Even the outfitter doesn't spend much time in this zone.

Wolf predation in this area has also increased significantly in last few years.