son in law 1st south thompson chinook,,,,nice fish,,,,,14 pounds
    Aim small,,miss small

Re: South Thompson Salmon

lots of fish to be had again this year on south thompson
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    lots of fish to be had again this year on south thompson
    first year for me this year ever salmon fishing..

spent 40 hours on the river before hooking my first fish, took a subsequent 24 hours accumulative for me to catch my monthly limit. Steep learning curve but a blast once you figure it out!

yeah,,,,its a hoot,,,,,
    Aim small,,miss small

Was out trolling the "hole" on Little Shuswap yesterday. Twenty-eight boats including mine. There were a few fish caught, but not by me. The only public launch at Lion's Park must have been gridlock. With the water level receding rapidly, launching a boat will take some dexterity. Jets will be okay, but props might get some scuffing. I launch of a private one and even that has low water, good thing it is sand, removes the paint but no ding marks.
    My finder was showing lots of fish at varying depth, but I would say the majority are jacks.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Was out trolling the "hole" on Little Shuswap yesterday. Twenty-eight boats including mine. There were a few fish caught, but not by me. The only public launch at Lion's Park must have been gridlock. With the water level receding rapidly, launching a boat will take some dexterity. Jets will be okay, but props might get some scuffing. I launch of a private one and even that has low water, good thing it is sand, removes the paint but no ding marks.
    My finder was showing lots of fish at varying depth, but I would say the majority are jacks.
    how deep where you on average tracking fish at?? last week i was tracking fish 60-80 feet deep
    Aim small,,miss small

Lots of big fish in the river and lake. Lots hanging around 80 ft. Here are some screen shots from my Humminbird on the Shswap.

Ewww zombie salmon. Trout fishing is phenomenal though. They taste like garbage once they've been feeding on eggs for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Lots of big fish in the river and lake. Lots hanging around 80 ft. Here are some screen shots from my Humminbird on the Shswap.

did you by chance get any screen shots of the tracking fish in river??
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    how deep where you on average tracking fish at?? last week i was tracking fish 60-80 feet deep
    Most of the fish, (comprising mostly of smaller fish that I presume are jack with a few larger fish) are in the 45-55' depth. Then there are a fair number of fish from 80' to 100', occasionally some down to 120'.
    I have seen a larger number of fish surface rolling this past week compared to the previous weeks. I think these are post spawners.
    One of my neighbors was catching them at 35 to 40' trolling just off the shore. This was a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't been out since so I presume that he and his wife have limited out or caught what they wanted.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"