Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Thompson Salmon

South Thompson Salmon

just wondering if anyone been out yet on the south thompson,,,,,,was out 2 days ago catching some big rainbow,,,,,,quite few chinook and few sockeye where making good push first thing in the morning,,,,i havent chased the salmon yet,,,,i usually dont chase them till around the 25th
    Aim small,,miss small

2. Site Sponsor

Re: South Thompson Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    just wondering if anyone been out yet on the south thompson,,,,,,was out 2 days ago catching some big rainbow,,,,,,quite few chinook and few sockeye where making good push first thing in the morning,,,,i havent chased the salmon yet,,,,i usually dont chase them till around the 25th
    this is something I’ve never done since moving here, chased them salmon and I’ve lived near Kamloops the entire time! Wouldn’t even know where to begin, but good luck sir !!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    this is something I’ve never done since moving here, chased them salmon and I’ve lived near Kamloops the entire time! Wouldn’t even know where to begin, but good luck sir !!
    lots of good shore casting from cambell creek all way up to chase,,,,,as for boats,,,,there is a few good pinch points between pritchard and banana island,,,,and 2 pinch points just above banana island
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    lots of good shore casting from cambell creek all way up to chase,,,,,as for boats,,,,there is a few good pinch points between pritchard and banana island,,,,and 2 pinch points just above banana island
    I was told shore casting the Thompson is a waste of time because the deeper channel is in the middle and you can’t cast into it and fish the length of it.

never have been a salmon fisherman so that’s all it took to discourage me haha

My daughter has been killing salmon from shore since she was 4

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    My daughter has been killing salmon from shore since she was 4
    what exactly are you implying !? Aha

You said shore casting is a waste of time...

Those goofs wasting fish this week where shore casting.

Ryothc he's implying you lack motivation after one buffoon said it wasn't good when in actuality it is good you just have to actully spend time finding your spot or using a large sized Reel and a heavier weight cast in to that supposed middle channel and the south thompson is exceptional for rainbow trout dolly varden and littered with squaw fish /pike minnows so you always catch something so he's implying you lack motivation and effort and it is rather pathetic the fact that one false comment discouraged you that person just probably was just probably using the wrong tackle/ gear and casting in the places were it is 2 feet deep for 50 feet

Quote Originally Posted by Troutslayer. View Post
    Ryothc he's implying you lack motivation after one buffoon said it wasn't good when in actuality it is good you just have to actully spend time finding your spot or using a large sized Reel and a heavier weight cast in to that supposed middle channel and the south thompson is exceptional for rainbow trout dolly varden and littered with squaw fish /pike minnows so you always catch something so he's implying you lack motivation and effort and it is rather pathetic the fact that one false comment discouraged you that person just probably was just probably using the wrong tackle/ gear and casting in the places were it is 2 feet deep for 50 feet

lol welcome to the forum dick nuts, you’ll fit in with a few of the other mouth pieces that talk a lot.

Lol trout slayer coming in hot and aggresive lol...i am guessing he fishes the south thompson alot...maybe even last night and right now!