Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: South Thompson Salmon

Re: South Thompson Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    nice 2 man limit,,,,4 landed,,,,,2 lost at boat
    These fish all appear to be female(jaw does not extend past the eye). Did they still have roe in them? They look spawned out.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

There bellies don't look all that extended anymore.

As for the quality of the fish, just remember folks, that not everyone has the same opportunities as others.
    I live down by the coast, so i am fortunate to get the salmon on the ocean or early on the rivers.
    Others only at the the end game.
    So yes, much more of a smoked/can salmon quality.
    But good to see folks getting out there.

But then again, those guys only have minutes to go out hunting compared to me down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    These fish all appear to be female(jaw does not extend past the eye). Did they still have roe in them? They look spawned out.
    they where 2 males,,,2 females,,,,,,yes females had roe still,,,and male had sperm sacks still,,,,,,its quite possible,,,these fish where destined for adams river run
    Aim small,,miss small

I know of 5 fish caught on the last day of the season in little shu that still had sea lice on them.

These fish smoke up real nice, I fish them each year. These later arriving fish are mostly south Thompson and little river, with some also spawning in the Thompson below Kamloops lake, and some spill over into the Adams. Earlier component of these summer 4-1’s are heading to the mid and lower Shuswap. They will be spawning shortly. We are all quite fortunate to be able to target this strong run of Chinook, most other Chinook, stream type, are doing very poorly and conservation actions are needed to try and rebuild those runs.

Sorry Im super ignorant about other fisheries besides the vedder...are these whites or reds? If 2 of those are males in the pic they got a lot more turning to do yet...look like all females to this amateur fisherman...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Sorry Im super ignorant about other fisheries besides the vedder...are these whites or reds? If 2 of those are males in the pic they got a lot more turning to do yet...look like all females to this amateur fisherman...
    Theres a mix of white and red, and some are even marbled. Ive caught bright silver ones in late September, just depends how long they have been in fresh water.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In;[URL="tel:2284647"
    2284647[/URL]]There bellies don't look all that extended anymore.

As for the quality of the fish, just remember folks, that not everyone has the same opportunities as others.
    I live down by the coast, so i am fortunate to get the salmon on the ocean or early on the rivers.
    Others only at the the end game.
    So yes, much more of a smoked/can salmon quality.
    But good to see folks getting out there.

But then again, those guys only have minutes to go out hunting compared to me down here.
    this is a very fair statement!

The eagle river could be recipient of these fish also. DFO were checking the Little Shuswap outlet in November a couple years back and told me that a lot of late chinooks go to that river.
    I was fishing the LS outlet a week or so ago and I do not recall any terminated mature springs. Just jacks and the really big surprise was some pinks.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

It’s a big run of Chinook and they likely spill over to several places. Pinks are really widening their range, far up the north thompson as well.