Thread: Hoyt ventum 33 build

Hoyt ventum 33 build

Finally saved up enough to buy a new Hoyt ventum 33 in forest green as my new toy. Going to put a hamskea limb driven rest on it. On the fence about a spot Hogg or hha sight? Any recommendations? Pros and cons?

Also thinking of some new string, any opinions there? Abb or is there anything Canadian?

have used my bear cruzer for 5 years and bit the bullet with a nice upgrade in my opinion
    Member of CCFR

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hoyt ventum 33 build

I really like my Black gold 3 pin slider but I might add a 4th pin. Never tried the other sights you mentioned.

One of the guys at the range swears by ghost strings. I’m still shooting the string that came on my Hoyt last year but I plan on trying them after the season is over.

Awesome thank you
    Member of CCFR

Well I went with the spot Hogg fast Eddie xl
    3 pin stacked and the hamskea rest. Can’t wait to shoot it now. Think I’ll put the tight spot quiver on it down the road.
    Member of CCFR

Which rest? I have the Trinity one will the micro adjust. It's very easy to use for tuning and worst case scenario I could make it work with a shoelace if the cord gets damaged in the woods.

Went with the hybrid hunter pro. Good idea with the shoelace
    Member of CCFR

Nice bow! I'm shooting the RX-5 this year. I was running a HHA King pin sight, but now I have the Accutuouch on the picitinny rail with the UV3 scope. If you go to the picitinny type sight, you lose the quiver mount so you have to use a two piece quiver. The new tite spot 2.5 doesn't work with the Hamskea(cord catches quiver and you'll tear vanes off). So, back to the QAD integrated drop rest. If you want new strings, hit me up I'm a dealer for Pin It Custom Bow strings, made in BC!