Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barneys Pack Frame

Barneys Pack Frame

Wondering if anyone here has a Barneys pack frame and has any feedback? I am currently using a Stone glacier 7900 and its a nice pack, but those 110+lb loads with meat, etc are pretty tough on the shoulders and hips. Heard good things about the Barneys packs for heavier loads.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Barneys Pack Frame

I had a Barneys pack for a few years. It was a weight hauling machine. Depending on your use it may or may not be the best choice. The pack is heavier and bulkier than your SG. I found it tough slugging in thick cover and bush as it kept snagging and hitting everything. I have tried almost all of the big brands and have now settled on the Kifaru tactical frame and I switch out bags. I just used the Muskeg on a 10 day sheep hunt and loved it. It’s waterproof and fits my needs.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

A barneys is pretty much like the old Camp Trails Moose bag and frame but on major steroids. 100 times better construction but basically a moose bag and frame. Obviously the bag configurations are different.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Last edited by ForealBoreal; 01-02-2022 at 01:15 PM.

I currently use a Barney’s. One of the best packs on the market for those long heavy trips.

Buddy and i both use them and as mentioned kind of a glorified camp trails moose bag which we both used before these. They are a bit bulky when in thick bush
    but great packs as mentioned. Going to try a EXO for the day trips.

Just looked the pack up as I had not heard of them before . The frame seems very much like the Alps frame . I ordered an Alps and bag but found that the bottom shelf did not seem like it would hold up , something about how it was attached to the frame I sent the Alps frame and bag back with out using . Hopefully the Barney’s is constructed better !
    There’s another pa k frame and bag that I see searching the web . Think it’s called a Bull Pac and made in the USA
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 08-15-2021 at 05:40 PM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Just looked the pack up as I had not heard of them before . The frame seems very much like the Alps frame . I ordered an Alps and bag but found that the bottom shelf did not seem like it would hold up , something about how it was attached to the frame I sent the Alps frame and bag back with out using . Hopefully the Barney’s is constructed better !
    There’s another pa k frame and bag that I see searching the web . Think it’s called a Bull Pac and made in the USA
    Arctic Lake
    Do some more research you will see that the Barney can handle heavy loads, but there not for every buddy, and may be the person that cant handle the load of how it fits on them.

I love my bullpac......I use it for everything
    nuffsaid
    Nothin better then the great outdoors!

I use the Barney’s frame with the Hunter bag, same one for over 10 years without a complaint. I can fit everything I need inside the pack for a 10 day hunt and I don’t find it heavy at all on day trips. With the top bar removed it holds a rifle sling on the outside of the pack, really quick and easy to use and keeps the weight off my shoulder.