Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Clearwater Predators

Re: Clearwater Predators

If you go just east of Clearwater there are a few fsr that go way in the back country with lots of cut blocks. Make sure you have a bear tag. If there open. Soooo many hogs running around. If you go up granite mountain it get pretty high up. Thats by birch island. Also just east of Clearwater. Also could be a good spot. Lots of big slashes up top. If you go east to vavenby there is a fsr that gets you to Adem’s lake. You can get lost in there for days. Soooo IMO Clearwater is a great spot to try and get a dog. Or youth buck don’t listen to the others !Get out!!! enjoy !!!!Explore And make good memories. !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    If you go just east of Clearwater there are a few fsr that go way in the back country with lots of cut blocks. Make sure you have a bear tag. If there open. Soooo many hogs running around. If you go up granite mountain it get pretty high up. Thats by birch island. Also just east of Clearwater. Also could be a good spot. Lots of big slashes up top. If you go east to vavenby there is a fsr that gets you to Adem’s lake. You can get lost in there for days. Soooo IMO Clearwater is a great spot to try and get a dog. Or youth buck don’t listen to the others !Get out!!! enjoy !!!!Explore And make good memories. !!!!!
    Thanks for all this. I find it a bit tricky to hunt a totally new area, so this will really help. Bears open on the first around there, so hoping to get one. I figure I can drop the bear off at the butcher and maybe freeze the cape with a freezer/generator. Looks like lots of crown land around there from looking at the ihunter app.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

i've never been in that area but I'd like to visit that bbq spot.

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post
    i've never been in that area but I'd like to visit that bbq spot.

second best BBQ we have in the province ! And I have travelled for them all, brisket is my favourite food ever.

1) Smoke and bones in north Vancouver.
    2)Hop n Hog Clearwater BC
    3)Station BBQ and smokehouse Vernon BC

Honorary mention to Embers in Mission, for a slightly different take on a smokehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    second best BBQ we have in the province ! And I have travelled for them all, brisket is my favourite food ever.

1) Smoke and bones in north Vancouver.
    2)Hop n Hog Clearwater BC
    3)Station BBQ and smokehouse Vernon BC

Honorary mention to Embers in Mission, for a slightly different take on a smokehouse.
    We have a bbq place called Jones here in Vic that is really good.

I'm definitely looking forward to hop n hog.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    We have a bbq place called Jones here in Vic that is really good.

I'm definitely looking forward to hop n hog.
    I’m not QUITE dedicated enough to take a ferry round trip for smoked meat, but I’ll keep it on my radar aha. You’ll enjoy it sir !

Sorry for the sideline here IW but I have to reply to the BBQ Smoked meat, if you ever come to the coast PorkMafia is without a doubt the best there is! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Sorry for the sideline here IW but I have to reply to the BBQ Smoked meat, if you ever come to the coast PorkMafia is without a doubt the best there is! K
    Not at all, 'digressions, incontestably, are the sunshine, the life, the soul of reading!' (Sterne).

Wow, Porkmafia has 5/5 with 47 reviews. A perfect score. Also, has a great name.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I’m not QUITE dedicated enough to take a ferry round trip for smoked meat, but I’ll keep it on my radar aha. You’ll enjoy it sir !
    Yeah, it's not good enough for that, lol. Good if you're already in Victoria though.

I have to apologize, I should be happy that an NDPer wants to go hunt predators, especially during a “pandemic”. Good luck to you and your boy, time well spent. I don’t know if clearwater is a predator pit but maybe the your boy can get his first deer. Early season deer can be like fishing in a barrel if you hit the right spot.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!