Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Clearwater Predators

Re: Clearwater Predators

You guys are all so gullible lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    I have to apologize, I should be happy that an NDPer wants to go hunt predators, especially during a “pandemic”. Good luck to you and your boy, time well spent. I don’t know if clearwater is a predator pit but maybe the your boy can get his first deer. Early season deer can be like fishing in a barrel if you hit the right spot.

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement and kind words. He actually shot 2 last year when he was eleven. He would have got one when he was 10, but he was too busy putting up NDP signs for the election.

Seriously though, he really likes hunting. Between us over the last 3 seasons we've taken 11 deer ( including 2 trips to the Charlotte's), and 2 pretty decent bears (rug / half mount).
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Hi all, looking ahead to the first week of September for youth any buck season, and some predator hunting. The area we were planning to go, sort of south of Bonaparte Lake, will be closed.

I'm still hoping to get a wolf and was wondering if we stay in Clearwater if we'll have any chance at calling one in. Ihunter seems to show lots of crown land around there. Curious what people's thoughts are hunting the surrounding area in terms of access / crown land/ smoke / etc.

If anyone knows of any other place within 6-7 hours of Tswassen we should try, that would be great too.

Thanks
    Haven't read all the posts. How are you going to call in a wolf? Electronic call, hand held? I've shot a couple of coyotes off my FoxPro. They work.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Haven't read all the posts. How are you going to call in a wolf? Electronic call, hand held? I've shot a couple of coyotes off my FoxPro. They work.
    I've got a fox pro fusion with an extra speaker and decoy attachment. We sit in a blind with the call out in front of us. No luck last year, but hoping this might be the year.

I've got a fox pro fusion with an extra speaker and decoy attachment. We sit in a blind with the call out in front of us. No luck last year, but hoping this might be the year.
    I'm KINDA Hoping a BEAR or WOLF gets you . RJ

Speaking of bears and smoked treats, what would be the best bear meat cut to smoke? I figure it is one of the fattiest game meats, should smoke well.

I've heard some folks say bear is the tastiest game meat, others that say it is just a bit better than rattlesnake. I think this year I'll try for myself.

To the OP, I've got nothing on that area but wish you luck.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Papa Jim being such a low berry crop this year we wouldnt want the bears to get sick..
    Island wanderer there should be deer everywhere in the province this week.. and wolves are evwrywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I'm KINDA Hoping a BEAR or WOLF gets you . RJ
    Lol, probably not because wolves and bears are gentle creatures who tend to steer clear of people.

Tell that to the people that are getting eaten in Stanly Park, wolves and bear will eat you too??

Lol, probably not because wolves and bears are gentle creatures who tend to steer clear of people.
    Yea just like the Coyotes in Stanley Park - Maybe you should Hunt there ! RJ