Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clearwater Predators

Re: Clearwater Predators

[QUOTE=IslandWanderer;2275698]Do you actually hunt? How long since your last animal?

Yes he does.. and he knows where hes looking.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Huh, you seemed quite pleasant in your posts when I posted Cache Creek Predators last year.

i don’t know much about Clearwater except for Azure Lake…even though you’re NDP I would help out but I just don’t have any info… I just wanted to throw in what your premier wanted you to do! Lol JK
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    i don’t know much about Clearwater except for Azure Lake…even though you’re NDP I would help out but I just don’t have any info… I just wanted to throw in what your premier wanted you to do! Lol JK
    He's a wonderful Premier for all of us, and we should all be honored that he's our esteemed leader.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    Clearwater Lodge is a decent hotel.

You have a chance to find wolves in basically any direction from Clearwater. Grew up hunting north of there, and my aunt/uncle own Dee's General store

If you still have a bear tag, pretty good chance you'll run in to a few of those. Lots around as it seems not too many locals hunt them from what i've heard recently

Best of luck
    Thanks, we ended up booking at Ace as I read some reviews that mentioned that they thought the owner/operator is great. We've got a ground floor room that I can park my truck near. I appreciate the tips re: wolves and bears. I've got two bear tags and a butcher lined up just in case.

It looks like beautiful country. We've never been out that way, so looking forward to exploring it.

We'll be hunting out of clearwater for 6 days arriving on the 31st. If anyone here is around, I'll pickup the bill if anyone wants to head out for beers. (Somewhere my 12 year old son is allowed).

do yourself a favour and go to the smoke house there, opens at 5, closes when they sell out, show up around 430.. it’s worth the wait.. you and the little guy would eat for a day or two off the $60 meat sampler platter.

I make the drive up there once a month from well south of Kamloops and enjoy the food and it’s worth the drive !
    I believe I’ll be taking the better half up there next Friday.

Hop N Hog! Some of the best smoked ribs and pulled pork I have had, the chicken was amazing! Brisket is a bit lean for my liking but still delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    do yourself a favour and go to the smoke house there, opens at 5, closes when they sell out, show up around 430.. it’s worth the wait.. you and the little guy would eat for a day or two off the $60 meat sampler platter.

I make the drive up there once a month from well south of Kamloops and enjoy the food and it’s worth the drive !
    I believe I’ll be taking the better half up there next Friday.

Hop N Hog! Some of the best smoked ribs and pulled pork I have had, the chicken was amazing! Brisket is a bit lean for my liking but still delicious.
    Thanks for the tip. The pictures of the food at hop n hog look incredible. We're both fans of things like brisket and pulled pork. The sampler sounds awesome. 4.7 out of 5 with 621 reviews really says something about how good it is.

Thanks for the tip. The pictures of the food at hop n hog look incredible. We're both fans of things like brisket and pulled pork. The sampler sounds awesome. 4.7 out of 5 with 621 reviews really says something about how good it is.
    I’d order the Bruschetta and Sampler, more than enough grub for two, and spectacular! Good luck IW! K

I should have mentioned the road that leads to Clearwater Lake is gorgeous country, we went straight to the lake so never explored it…I’m sure there would be lots of bruins in there
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I should have mentioned the road that leads to Clearwater Lake is gorgeous country, we went straight to the lake so never explored it…I’m sure there would be lots of bruins in there
    Much appreciated, we'll go for a drive through there and have a look around. We usually go for 2 or 3 two hour walks each day, and drive/glass the rest of the day. Looking forward to seeing some new country.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    I’d order the Bruschetta and Sampler, more than enough grub for two, and spectacular! Good luck IW! K
    Sounds great. I find the visits to restaurants and pubs are some of the most memorable things from hunting trips.