Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moose Draw 7-18

Re: Moose Draw 7-18

Heres one from 7-18 and not the biggest bull I saw that trip. There’s lots of moose in there and they come to the call during the rut. That place has the most moose activity of anywhere I’ve hunted. They’re all over the place.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

For the guys who are talking about the washout. Is it washed out where the river has been eroding the bank away? If you were floating down river it would be a right turn in the water and it would have washed away the bank in the left? That spot was getting narrower and narrower the few times I’ve been there. I’d love to hunt that spot again, I’mnot sure if it’s less productive now that they’re logging back there. It was kind of left alone and not tooo many people going through.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Is anyone able to send me a screen shot of Google earth where this washout is? If it is where I think it is, it basically cuts a guy off from accessing the Herrick at all. A big part of my plan involved being on the other side of the mountain range and running the lower portion of the Herrick in the boat. It also seems like most of the gravel pits folks suggested using for camping are all inaccessible. I guess all will become clear once we get there...

Thank you again to everyone who has reached out. This has been a very positive experience. If I were to have posted this on a Facebook page looking for info on an area a guy would have been lambasted for not having been there before. If anyone is in the area late September early October pm me here and we can have a beer and a bull sh+!.

Went for a Quad ride in there yesterday and lots of heavy equipment parked at the Gravel pit so it may not be an option for camping they are moving a lot of gravel out of there , I did not go over the bridge to 7-18 just went down the Sandy about 10 km , seen some cows and calf’s on the cut block just past the FS campsite at the creek
    going to head back in there on opening day for immatures

Quote Originally Posted by PAhunter View Post
    Is anyone able to send me a screen shot of Google earth where this washout is? If it is where I think it is, it basically cuts a guy off from accessing the Herrick at all. A big part of my plan involved being on the other side of the mountain range and running the lower portion of the Herrick in the boat. It also seems like most of the gravel pits folks suggested using for camping are all inaccessible. I guess all will become clear once we get there...

Thank you again to everyone who has reached out. This has been a very positive experience. If I were to have posted this on a Facebook page looking for info on an area a guy would have been lambasted for not having been there before. If anyone is in the area late September early October pm me here and we can have a beer and a bull sh+!.

Quote Originally Posted by PAhunter View Post

you won’t get to the other side of the range like you are saying, PM me your number and I can send you a screenshot of where the washout is and what it looks like
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

Can any of you fine folks comment on whether or not there is a reliable spot to receive a cell signal in the area. The telus map shows a couple service spots both to the east and the west of pass lake. They do however appear to be a climb into the alpine to get the signal. Any chances you guys have picked up a signal near pass lake?

You cannot rely on cell service in BC wilderness. Get yourself a Zoleo or inReach satellite communication device
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

You will loose Cell service once you drive past the small community of Willow River on the way in , after that you are out of luck , never found cell service anywhere in
    7-18