Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-16 - Early Season Alpine Deer Hunt

Re: 3-16 - Early Season Alpine Deer Hunt

Well to wrap this thread up completely I will echo the comments of the other few guys in the area. I didnt see their posts until I got back to town today but there was virtually no deer sign, a bit of bear sign, and a few wolf prints and scat. Beautiful scenery up there and it was totally worth it from that point of view, not sure I will be rushing back into the area though

Well, to keep the thread going.... 3-16 has great deer and bucks. Just saying... gotta look in the right places. Van Horlick probably ain't it then.

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    Well, to keep the thread going.... 3-16 has great deer and bucks. Just saying... gotta look in the right places. Van Horlick probably ain't it then.
    Maybe these guys are trying to keep people out of 3-16
    No problem. I have a doe draw there for November. Should be a difficult 1/2hr hunt.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    No problem. I have a doe draw there for November. Should be a difficult 1/2hr hunt.
    I went with a buddy on a 3-16 doe hunt three years ago. We concentrated on van Horlick and Blowdown, went up Downton too and never saw a hair or a hare.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I went with a buddy on a 3-16 doe hunt three years ago. We concentrated on van Horlick and Blowdown, went up Downton too and never saw a hair or a hare.
    The deer are there, just not in the places that people repeatedly say they don't see any.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

MichelD I had sent you a PM awhile back wondering if you got it ? It was concerning the Yalakom / Shulaps
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Areas like Texas, blowdown, and Downton are also very popular with recreational users. LOTS of hikers and 4x4 users up in these areas. Lots.

I used to be up there 2-3 days a week. Not that frequent for a while, but hit Van Horlick (both sides), Downton and Blowdown the past few days. Saw exactly ZERO animals, two sets of deer tracks, and onefamily of grouse. If they are there, (and I’m sure they are) you will have to go deep and look hard. The sheer volume of idiots on the Duffy these days is unreal. I was there midweek, and it was like a midsummer long weekend with a rally event going on. Total chitshow.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    Haha, yes, same here. You go for doe in November and come home with a 4pt

The indian band I'm from traditionally never hunted deer in there still dont mostly black bears and wolves for fat and winter clothes. Sometimes shoot bucks by kwiooek when the coho come in November or if you got a good quad and like to hike head up toward kwiooek lake go right just before the lake Its deactivated a little was up can get a good quad in there a ways then hike up above treeline glass the whole bowl
    Last edited by Rezpatrol; 09-15-2021 at 03:57 PM.