Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 16 year long search for MISSING HUNTER!

Re: 16 year long search for MISSING HUNTER!

Following and awaiting any news. Hopefully the search was productive in finding closure for the family.

Details coming soon. It’s in the rcmp’s hands. As soon as we know anything it will be shared.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Update on 2022 Spatsizi search for my husband Tom Leonard.

On July 12-15/22 Terrace SARS searched a new area of Spatsizi due to receiving a new lead. Items were located and given to authorities. No words can express the emotions we were feeling and how high our hopes were running during the weeks following but unfortunately the items were ruled out belonging to Tom. On the same search SARS searched for the old camp that had been reported to us a few years ago but unfortunately it was not located. On September 10-13/22 Terrace SARS returned to Spatsizi to search for the old camp, unfortunately it was not located.

I would like to thank the members of Terrace Search and Rescue for their continued support, dedication and sacrifices they make to help the girls and I. I am so grateful to The Wild Sheep Society of BC and The Hunter Conservationist for giving me an opportunity to bring awareness to Tom’s story through their podcasts. All those who have reached out to us to offer kind words and support by email and through the hunting forums, you truly have touched our hearts. We thank those who have helped with helicopter funds by donating to the go fund me account. To the Wild Sheep Society and all their members your support means the world to us. We are beyond grateful to Chuck for donating the rifle to the Wild Sheep Society for the raffle. All of you are the reason the search was able to happen this year and for that we are forever grateful.

Please continue to share Tom’s story to whoever is heading to Spatsizi. It just takes locating one item to change our world forever.

Tammy Leonard

“My Dad saw his life from a great altitude, as if through a landscape outstretching mountain ranges. He lived a fearless life of adventure. He was real and true, with a heart the size of the moon he laid under most nights. His life encompassed his passion of the outdoors, weaving itself into every aspect of his life. He honoured all those he loved through the experiences of beauty and simplicity seen in the places he called home. He continues to live a life of great proportion among the outstanding mountains of the Spatsizi Plateau. Watching from above the adventures we lead in his honour.”

Words by Tom’s daughter Shamara