Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 year long search for MISSING HUNTER!

Re: 16 year long search for MISSING HUNTER!

Did the hunter say on which side of Ram Cr the tent was found?
    It appears Ram Cr runs north/ south, from Fish lake to Eaglenest Cr (does not say "river" on map").
    Meaning, did the hunter find this tent etc on the East or West side of Ram Creek (although stuff can be blown around by now)?

You also say that a hunter winning the leh draw for this season was also given a memo to keep an eye out for anything found or
    encountered due to Tom having gone missing.
    Do "hikers" receive any info, info board, or is there any pamphlets present at any of the starting points of the trailheads around
    Spatsizi for hikers to be made aware of and to keep an eye open?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Did the hunter say on which side of Ram Cr the tent was found?
    It appears Ram Cr runs north/ south, from Fish lake to Eaglenest Cr (does not say "river" on map").
    Meaning, did the hunter find this tent etc on the East or West side of Ram Creek (although stuff can be blown around by now)?

You also say that a hunter winning the leh draw for this season was also given a memo to keep an eye out for anything found or
    encountered due to Tom having gone missing.
    Do "hikers" receive any info, info board, or is there any pamphlets present at any of the starting points of the trailheads around
    Spatsizi for hikers to be made aware of and to keep an eye open?

These pictures are what I just received from the hunter who found the camp.

Years ago I would supply a letter to the LEH people who would attach it to those awarded a hunt in Spatsizi. I have not done this in years though. Otherwise, there were missing posters at Tatogga Lake Lodge, Cold Fish Cabins and Eagle Nest Trail head and all over Dease Lake, Iskut, Vanderhoof, Smithers. Posters never last in communities but the ones at Tatogga and Eagle Nest Trail head have. Every year I have turned to social media to keep his story heard. This site has given Tom lots of exposure of the years.

I do hope that someone reads this, that might be planning a trip up that way and might consider this info.
    Sorry that RCMP and Parks dint have the time.
    Its August and come Sept going into October can start to make any access in there very hard at that point due to weather it
    sounds like.

Put on your FB sites guys or whatever.
    You never know who might read it and might be in there or heading up.
    Last edited by Bugle M In; 08-08-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Here is a larger scale map, and the correct Ram Cr in Blue line
    Eaglenest Cr is the Red line.
    As stated, tent will be 2 to 5km up on Ram Cr from Eaglenest Cr/Ram Cr junction:

Last edited by Bugle M In; 08-08-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Here is a close up and the "scale" in photo on bottom right is in 3km increments.

Wonder if anyone from WSSBC could post the youtube? again, if not already, on their site.

Posting up a screenshot of Tom's tent from the video.
    There was a couple other photos in that video with him and the quad wearing camo and another photo (last photo of him) wearing
    a cap and sunglasses.
    Did he take any of those with him on the trip.
    Is that the same backpack?
    Are there any other photos of "gear" he took along and packed in?
    Or type of gear he purchased in Smithers (as per video)?
    If so, i can post them up on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing View Post
    These pictures are what I just received from the hunter who found the camp.

Years ago I would supply a letter to the LEH people who would attach it to those awarded a hunt in Spatsizi. I have not done this in years though. Otherwise, there were missing posters at Tatogga Lake Lodge, Cold Fish Cabins and Eagle Nest Trail head and all over Dease Lake, Iskut, Vanderhoof, Smithers. Posters never last in communities but the ones at Tatogga and Eagle Nest Trail head have. Every year I have turned to social media to keep his story heard. This site has given Tom lots of exposure of the years.
    What about getting the Government of BC to post info on the Provincial Parks page.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

Missing,

Do you have a contact info for you or a family member directly?
    I am talking to someone at SCI/Hunters for BC and he says he may know the GO in that area.
    (I am trying to confirm that this GO actually holds the territory with Ram Cr in it)
    He is trying to contact this GO to see if something on that end could happen.

If anyone knows the actual GO (if there is one there) that holds this actual territory with Ram Cr. please let us know.

It sounds to me that a lot of things up there around Spatzisi have changed.
    Roads have washed out, gates have been put in place and i have heard that the FN in the area have made access a lot harder
    (dont hold me to all of that if some is incorrect)
    In other words, access today is way more limited then back in 2005.
    And this means that there is probably way less folks, hikers for example accessing this already remote area.
    So, other than for a few real hardcore hikes and die hard hunters, it sounds like there is very little traffic.

I can always be reached at tleonard@goldcity.net