Thread: New decoys have arrived

New decoys have arrived

Just got our shipment of 5 dozen mallard silhouettes from Dive Bomb industries.
    We have had 5 dozen of their Canadas for several years and have been very happy with them.
    The mallards look good. We used a friend's last year and were happy with them.
    They all fit in one decoy bag nicely. We ordered a bag for our Canadas also. They will store smaller and be more protected now. Looking forward to waterfowl season big time.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New decoys have arrived

I really like the the looks of them, let me know about durability at the end of our season please! K

We have had the Canadas for about 5 or 6 years and use them half a dozen times each season. They were just stored in our quad trailer loose.
    We have had no breakage.

Curious to know what sets these decoys apart, besides their durability. I’ve got some pretty shonky looking floaters that probably should not be in the set but I throw them out anyway. I’ve got some convincing looking ones, some ancient inflatable ones and a few that really look like they have been run over. I always admire good looking decoys but stick with the 30 or so plus my mojo and do ok. I will spring for some new ones eventually but not decided which yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Curious to know what sets these decoys apart, besides their durability. I’ve got some pretty shonky looking floaters that probably should not be in the set but I throw them out anyway. I’ve got some convincing looking ones, some ancient inflatable ones and a few that really look like they have been run over. I always admire good looking decoys but stick with the 30 or so plus my mojo and do ok. I will spring for some new ones eventually but not decided which yet.
    Other than 2 mojos, we just had floaters. In the field, the silhouettes sit up much higher and are therefore more visible to flying ducks. They also take up a lot less space to pack. The decoy bag for 60 silos is about 30 inches square by 10 inches wide. The goose bag is not much larger.
    For a water set, we will use up to about 30 floaters.