Thread: Cracked mojo body

Cracked mojo body

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix a crack in the back of a mojo decoy? It's about 3" long. I've been trying to think of ways of making sure it stays together but haven't come up with many good ones that don't involve duct tape. Any ideas?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cracked mojo body

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Anyone have any ideas about how to fix a crack in the back of a mojo decoy? It's about 3" long. I've been trying to think of ways of making sure it stays together but haven't come up with many good ones that don't involve duct tape. Any ideas?
    drill a few small holes on either side of the crack and use small grey zip ties to stitch it closed. Birds won't be bothered at all and crack won't get any bigger.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 07-31-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Drill a hole at the end of the crack if it is at risk of spreading farther. Then drill holes adjacent to the crack in pairs and zip tie together.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Good ideas with the zip ties. Thanks. I started thinking tonight about drilling but was leaning towards a metal bridge and bolting to that. Zip tie will probably work better though. Thanks again.

Gorilla glue in the crack with as mentioned small holes at the end to stop further progression
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Glueing it or Jb weld would be your best bet. It’s what we do to ours when we have issues. With the zap ties you will still need to find a way to minimize water getting in. Even though it’s made for The rain you don’t really want water getting in we’re it’s not meant to.
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Hear you on the water thing. I think some combination of the zip ties, glue and a silicon bead inside might do it.

Marine epoxy. Fixed MoJos and floaters with it for years.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 08-03-2021 at 11:12 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Marine Goop. Amazing what that stuff will do.

Thanks. Sounds good too. I like the idea of the zip ties for rigidity. It will get banged around in the punt and think glue alone would break again when it flexes.