Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Am I breaking the BC law using my radio and external mike?

Re: Am I breaking the BC law using my radio and external mike?

Are we breaking the law....probably yes.
    Do you want to be right, or do you want to be safe?
    Use responsibly, and its all good.
    Use an RR, especially active to bs on, then expect to have a lot of backlash and abuse from workers in the area.
    Just be responsible.

I just listen for on coming commercial traffic. I call out at ever must call sign so like ever 10km. Pretty easy

Redthies. Thanks for posting the information !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I do not believe this applies to FSRs. FSRs are not hwys/roads under the motor vehicle and highways act. They are not maintained by provincial or municipal road crews or contractors. They are private roads maintained by private companies under the forest or similar act unless specified under this act.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

The fine is quite small when your lying under the front bumper of a loaded log truck. USE THE RADIO, STAY ALIVE, EFF THE GOVT

I have never heard a truck driver working in an FSR giving someone shit for using a radio to call out road km and direction.
    EVER!!
    No one is asking for a "license"!

Only time i hear swearing or alike is when a truck driver has a near miss etc, or has some clown blow by him.
    I am sure if some yahoo was using the radio and an active RR channel in the area, that there certainly would be some
    deep thoughts and harsh language being passed on.
    Still doubt anything more would come from it.
    Unless it was happening repeatedly, day after day in an active area by that yahoo.
    Still doubt law enforcement would be called.
    If anything, that yahoo might be "forced off the road" and dealt with that way.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    I do not believe this applies to FSRs. FSRs are not hwys/roads under the motor vehicle and highways act. They are not maintained by provincial or municipal road crews or contractors. They are private roads maintained by private companies under the forest or similar act unless specified under this act.
    It doesn’t matter who maintains the road!! If the road is on crown land then anyone can use it.
    Legally you don’t have to have a radio to use any fsr. Privavte property can have rules making radios mandatory but its not a law. Using a radio is obviously the safest/smartest option.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 08-08-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Keep doing what you are doing, and as a commercial driver in the bush has told me they would far rather have unlicensed users calling their KM’s than worrying about the legalities. I have never seen any authority in the bush express their concerns in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    It doesn’t matter who maintains the road!! If the road is on crown land then anyone can use it.
    Legally you don’t have to have a radio to use any fsr. Privavte property can have rules making radios mandatory but its not a law. Using a radio is obviously the safest/smartest option.
    You missed the point, hands free $h!t under the hwys act does not apply to FSRs. It is a separate set of regs. And it does matter who maintains the road. If it is maintained by the provincial hwys or a municipality then the hands free $h!t applies.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

It's just a false sense of security relying on a radio on any road. Always expect a lowbed logtruck or whatever on narrow sections.
    Bit different in the winter because you don't get as many dumbass tourists but there's always the odd one.