Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's that time of year again!

It's that time of year again!

Blackberries are out in full force and my griff is going hog wild on them again! I don't know how she does it without getting nailed by the thorns. When I pick them my shins take a beating!

Anybody else have bird dogs that eat fruit from the bushes or flowers from the fields?

imgur.com/Ln0AvNg

2. Site Sponsor

Re: It's that time of year again!

Years ago, my daughters thought that feeding strawberries to our yellow Lab was fun and cute. Turns out the Lab got a taste for strawberries and I had to dog-proof the strawberry patch. That dog cleaned me out of berries a few times.

We call Thistle a cow because she eats grass, loves dandelions. She will eat the flower and sticks them digs down to get the roots.

My last golden ate all kinds of berries on the island. He loved salmon berries, blackberries and huckleberries
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Our Tollers eat blackberries, salmon berries, saskatoons, huckleberries all in the wild and at home gooseberries, blueberries, whatever we are growing.
    Like MC, I have no clue as to how they don't get a mouthful of thorns. When they eat blackberries they are fussy - only the ripe, black ones.

I was picking blackberries with my Shepherd Cross Meeka, when she was just a year old. Offered her one and she ate it. So as I was picking, every once in a while I would give her a couple. Guess she got impatient and the next thing I knew, she is daintily picking her own. Once learned she never forgot. And Meeka, now at the age of twelve has never quit. We have both picking berries for the last few days on our morning walks at my shop before work.

My newest Weimaraner (3.5 months old) watched my wife pick for about 2 minutes before she decided it looked like fun. Someone ate a truckload, and with all the bushes on our acreage, I sense some seriously purple turds in her future!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

My pointer eats most of my blueberries and tries her best to pick apples of my apple tree.

Quote Originally Posted by dru88 View Post
    My pointer eats most of my blueberries and tries her best to pick apples of my apple tree.
    Sako eats windfalls all through the fall but now she's content to eat blackberries:

My dog picks and eats berries of all sorts. Sometimes he eats birds too - usually on the 4th series after being in the lead all day.