View Poll Results: Should crossbows be allowed in the archery season?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 59.26%
  • No

11 40.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossbows in archery season

Re: Crossbows in archery season

My thought is that cross bows may have an effect on the Island when it comes to LEH for Elk.....This may indeed make for greater harvests of Elk and thus limiting what we have...Rifle hunters (which I still have my rifles) who have been trying for ever to get Elk LEH on the Island, may start to throw their names in for archery only LEH's on a whim...Not exactly what I aspire an archerly only season to be... But, Chris too has a point that we have to be careful we don't cut off, who may be our best alies....Definitley a Catch 22.

Craig
    It's ok to get excited, just learn to control it.....If you don't get excited, might as well go home!!

Barky I am sure the wife would gladly give you the pack if I was gone.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Well I am a firm believer that all hunters need to stick together if we want to enjoy this sport for a few more years legally. If there is going to be a special archery only season, then crossbow hunters have as much right to it as me and my long bow do. on the Island i don't like the archery season as it is because it is too dang hot at that time of year.

I hunt during rifle season and hunt in the timber as a rule. i never see anyone where i hunt and if they are good enough to see me then I ain't worried they are gonna mistake me for a deer.

There are slob hunters in every discipline as well as 'ethical' hunters. Shooting a long bow does not make one ethical.

biggest problem I see is that there are far too many guys out there trying to tell the rest of us what is ethical.

I ain't interested in a crossbow but a crossbow pistol would be fun in camp for shooting mice around the campfire at night.

Wouldn't bother me in the least if the archery only season was not there, I don't feel that I am handicapped because i use a bow. I do feel like I am hunting though, not just shooting.

=keith=

In general it is good to see most people here believe along the same lines and agree to disagree. As said previously by others we need to stick together first and foremost. We stand for each others chosen legal weapon but we also need to take a stand for each others different styles of hunting ie. baiting for bears, hound hunting for cats or bears, hunting for grizzlies ect. I don't like it when hunters speak out loud with non-hunters in ear shot that this or that method is wrong. I believe the saying hunters are the first conservationist, it is true. In BC we need to remain united and shed a positive light.

I still have my opinion about crossbows. My nightshift rant.
    Last edited by Nails; 03-19-2005 at 02:58 AM.
    Todd