Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loaded or Unloaded Horses and Bikes

Re: Loaded or Unloaded Horses and Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by 375shooter View Post
    The regulations say this - "It's unlawful to discharge, carry, or have in possession a firearm containing live ammunition in its breach or in its magazine attached to a firearm, in or on a railway car, motor vehicle, sleigh, aircraft or other conveyance."

I think you are right in saying that a horse is not a motorized vehicle. However, since a horse is used to move a person, or materials from one point to another, it would be considered a "means of transport." Merriam Webster dictionary defines conveyance as "a means of transport." So that implies that a horse is a type conveyance, therefore even a loaded magazine attached to the firearm would be considered unlawful.
    You could argue that your feet are a mode of conveyance using that definition. Maybe your horse identifies as a human and is just borrowing your rifle..... Call the local CO for the area and ask him/her. Since they are the ones that would be checking, I'd say this is the best thing to do if you are unsure, or worried about it.

Re: Loaded or Unloaded Horses and Bikes

You could argue that your feet are a mode of conveyance using that definition. Maybe your horse identifies as a human and is just borrowing your rifle..... Call the local CO for the area and ask him/her. Since they are the ones that would be checking, I'd say this is the best thing to do if you are unsure, or worried about it.

Good one, totally agree.