Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up north again possibly, need some info?

Up north again possibly, need some info?

Haven’t been up North in 10 years plus, we used to hunt the Beaton area for moose and elk, and now with the open bison draw that was in the area we used to hunt, so thinking of a multiple species hunt? Here’s the thing, haven’t been for years, hear it’s been hit hard by oil and gas and not worthwhile, but really is it that bad? Would bison be a possibility or a pipe dream?
    We miss going but also don’t want to waste a bunch of time and money? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Up north again possibly, need some info?

I will Try and help tomorrow if I have s minute.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm;[URL="tel:2272059"
    2272059[/URL]]I will Try and help tomorrow if I have s minute.
    Thank you!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

It’s still the same when it rains , make sure all your gear and equipment are in order .

It's very busy up there.
    Not like it was in the past.

Thanks for the replies! Kind of sucks as we used to love going up there, would like to go again but no be in a gong show so to speak, what about the Inga Lake- Crying Girl area by the Graham/Halfway? Less busy possibly, although there may not be any opening for bison just be nice to get up north?

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Haven’t been up North in 10 years plus, we used to hunt the Beaton area for moose and elk, and now with the open bison draw that was in the area we used to hunt, so thinking of a multiple species hunt? Here’s the thing, haven’t been for years, hear it’s been hit hard by oil and gas and not worthwhile, but really is it that bad? Would bison be a possibility or a pipe dream?
    We miss going but also don’t want to waste a bunch of time and money? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Be prepared for the biggest gong show you ever did see. Makes Chetwynd look like a fly in hunt from what I have heard.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

That area has taken a pretty good beating! I considered it a Serengeti 30 years ago. The moose are thin as are the caribou. Its definitely busy these days too but its still a nice place to hunt. If taking an animal is more important than hunting then best to find new ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    It’s still the same when it rains , make sure all your gear and equipment are in order .
    Hahaha, quoted for truth. Nothing like Northern mud.

As everywhere, the North is not what used to be. That said, we still head up every two years for our hunt. Oil and Gas work have certainly made a difference to the area we frequent the last 20 years, but we still manage to bag an animal or two.
    If you already are familiar with an area I'd suggest giving it a try. The experience is always worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    I will Try and help tomorrow if I have s minute.
    FYI…your box is full now and won’t receive anymore messages…