Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow shop Kamloops

Bow shop Kamloops

Hi there, does anybody know of a bow shop or anyone who works on bows in Kamloops area?
    thank you!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bow shop Kamloops

Bow Sinister Archery Centre. 250-571-8841. Jeff Bette works from his home and also sells arrows etc. He has supported the Clubs 3 D shoots in the past. Right now he is open only on weekends via appointment so text him before you show up. Masks are mandatory. Hope this helps.
    Bruce

There was a guy in Chase, search Tim's Archery World. Not sure if he's still in business though.

Tim in Chase shut down the archery business many years ago, probably in 2012 or ‘13. Too bad as he was a great bow technician.

Only one I know of is bow sinister as well. I think Horse barn has a press but don’t think they have a technician but if you can do your own work you might be able to use it

Do not go to horsebarn…cheaper to buy a press your self after what could happen
    Last edited by Powds; 09-12-2022 at 08:45 PM.

The archery guy at The Horse Barn only works on weekends but seem to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Tim in Chase shut down the archery business many years ago, probably in 2012 or ‘13. Too bad as he was a great bow technician.
    That's funny. I guess if you knew squat about a bow, then he would be a great bow technician.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Jaegermeister....my experience with Tim putting new strings and cables on a Mathews Drenalin was excellent back around 2011. Eliminated the top idler (solo cam) lean at full draw and cleaned up broad-head flight POI vs field points.

This is my 50th season bowhunting and I know quite a bit about bows and bowhunting. I have a draw-board and multiple bow presses and usually do my own tuning, but on a sample of one, Tim's work was top notch. Won't argue about the work he did or didn't do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Jaegermeister....my experience with Tim putting new strings and cables on a Mathews Drenalin was excellent back around 2011. Eliminated the top idler (solo cam) lean at full draw and cleaned up broad-head flight POI vs field points.

This is my 50th season bowhunting and I know quite a bit about bows and bowhunting. I have a draw-board and multiple bow presses and usually do my own tuning, but on a sample of one, Tim's work was top notch. Won't argue about the work he did or didn't do for you.
    I have been shooting bow since I was 11 and that out-distances you for archery time by a bit. Back when a person had to make their own cedar shaft arrows because as a kid, one could not always afford Port Orford cedar arrows. And I contemplated opening a archery shop in Kamloops after I retired early. However, a friend in Quesnel who owned a archery shop reminded of the time consumed and that is was a never ending job because "clients" would call any old time, day or night. Especially if you were a home based business. So heeding his advice, I let it go. And "he" didn't do any job for me.
    And I let it go at that.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 11-07-2021 at 06:23 PM.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Hardcore archery in Kelowna is supposed to be a proshop, but let me down several times, and I had to do the drive several times for them to fix mistakes.. Paid top dollar and apparentyl expecting things to be done proper was too much to ask. Couldnt even install a string properly, forgot to tighten bolts on the rest they installed, etc etc etc.