Thread: Moose Lake yedehe quad trail.

Moose Lake yedehe quad trail.

Just wondering how the old quad trail up past moose Lake is for atv access. Wondering about water levels. Thanks
    "Forty yards n closin"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose Lake yedehe quad trail.

Which moose lake are you talking about?

Muncho lake area
    "Forty yards n closin"

Been a few years since I have been in. Its usually pretty good.

Last time I was in, 4 summers ago or so, you couldn’t get past the river where it gets close above the canyon. River had washed out the trail for 2-300 yards. An hour with a shovel and a guy could have gotten down to the river bed but the water was too deep to ford with a quad in early July.

I imagine it has probably been fixed up enough to get through now though.

Ok thanks guys
    "Forty yards n closin"

I assume that you mean the trail directly to and past Moose Lake NOT the road to the left that takes you up into the high country (Yedi corridor and Miners trail).

The Yedi has been difficult the past couple of years as it nears Moose Lake due to high waters and the new channels that have occurred. The late summers of 2020 and 2019 have made the Yedi almost impassable at the north end of the lake. We watched several people try; it could be done but one guy swamped his ATV and one guy had to be rushed to Ft Nelson with a head injury. The hole that looks like the likely crossing is quite deep.

Access to the lake is limited past this crossing but the trail itself is good past this tricky crossing. It goes for about 8 km (guessing) before you run out of ATV trail with restricted access. I have heard that it is quite wet up there this year despite the hot and dry conditions in the southern province.

The trails themselves are good: the river and large stream crossings are difficult and not for the faint of heart.

Out of curiosity what was the trail like up the yedhe to the high country? Thanks
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Multiple deep creek crossing (x5) and some washouts - generally a good trail if the water level is not too high. Heading out there this weekend.