Thread: Navhda

Navhda

Anyone else running their dogs in any of the Navhda chapter/tests this summer?

I will be running my Griff pup in the NA test at the Prairie Vista chapter this summer. Did the mock up test last weekend. It was a great fun and great handler experience and exposure for my pup and I was finally able to put her on birds, which was incredible to see and makes me excited to use this upcoming hunting season for some good training and exposure.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Navhda

Not running a dog. I bought my puppy off of Sue. Anyone interested in training dogs or running a test should absolutley look up this chapter...fantastic people. Good luck to the op, fingers crossed for a perfect score. A little advice as well, just let the dog do what it does best and enjoy the experience. Mine bombed the training session and was the dog of the test weekend, so who knows. Looking back I wish I wasn't so nervous lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Not running a dog. I bought my puppy off of Sue. Anyone interested in training dogs or running a test should absolutley look up this chapter...fantastic people. Good luck to the op, fingers crossed for a perfect score. A little advice as well, just let the dog do what it does best and enjoy the experience. Mine bombed the training session and was the dog of the test weekend, so who knows. Looking back I wish I wasn't so nervous lol.

it is an amazing chapter. Sue is an incredible woman. I feel honoured to be learning from her. My pup is from CrossIron Ron and Mary. Also both incredible, knowledgeable people.

Thanks for the advice. I feel pretty calm about it. I think doing the mock up test helped and I know the judges are there to help you. So I’m excited. Either way I see it as a good handling practice and no matter that the outcome I know I have a good dog.

Quote Originally Posted by HMR View Post
    it is an amazing chapter. Sue is an incredible woman. I feel honoured to be learning from her. My pup is from CrossIron Ron and Mary. Also both incredible, knowledgeable people.

Thanks for the advice. I feel pretty calm about it. I think doing the mock up test helped and I know the judges are there to help you. So I’m excited. Either way I see it as a good handling practice and no matter that the outcome I know I have a good dog.
    Agreed, after going through it you'll realize that a good score doesn't always equal a good dog...some of my favorites when I tested had terrible scores.

Thistle and I had a great run on the weekend. She scored a 110 Prize 1. I’m over the moon. The track part was hard, that’s where she got docked points. The conditions where so dry so the birds where not leaving a lot of scent, But honestly I don’t even care because she found her pheasant, chased it into drowned trees caught it and brought it back to hand and she’s never done that so that was cool to see. I’m so proud of her.

she’s only been on birds 3 times and her confidence is just blooming and she Has so much drive. I need to work on her ignoring song birds....she caught one last night so that’s going to be hard to break.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 97DBEDDF-5A52-4D68-9439-2E0698B05C78.jpg  

Congrats! How old is she now? I guess you had to go into Alberta to be tested??

Thank you, she is 11 months old. I did have to go into Alberta, but I live in the east koots so it’s wasn’t that terrible of a drive