Thread: Moose 6-02-A HELLLPPP

Question Moose 6-02-A HELLLPPP

Hi everyone,
    New to the site but have done some hunts before on VI and Okanagan. Sparing you all the details, basically my grandfather put in for moose as it's his bucketlist hunt but didn't research the area much and now we have an LEH for 6-02-A (Skeena) between sept-oct. His mobility is an issue so we are likely sticking to roads on a quad. I looked through previous threads here and haven't seen anything for moose in this area. Any info on where to go, places to stay, what to look for, dangers or obstacles to prepare for would be helpful. I have looked into outfitters but the 2 that were suggested by GOABC haven't worked out yet. We will be a party of 3-4 with most of us fairly able bodied. Happy to provide more info if needed.
    Thank you!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose 6-02-A HELLLPPP

Just a heads up, there is a fairly large fire burning in the western side of that zone right now that has been making its way east. The wildfire map hasn't updated that particular fire in a while but it was over 18,000hectares. Something to keep an eye on

Iv never hunted it, but trapped it a lot when I was young.

White eye lake always had pretty wicked rainbow fishing, use to be a few 5lb’ers in there. We always stayed at chief Louie camp (owned by vantines at the time), we always seen a lot of moose during the winter down in the willow flats.

I may be mistaken, but I think there was a recent wolf cull in that area as well (but may have been on the north side of the lake), which should help out some moose numbers.

Dodge is correct, I hear there’s quite the fire over there. I’m not sure if the barge is still running, if not, a guy would need to boat across.

I hunted that area yearly for a long time, quit going cause wolves decimated the moose and we weren’t even seeing tracks anymore. Pm me and I’ll give you lots of info.
    Beer so much more than a breakfast drink.

the barge is now owned by the cheslatta lake first nation, along with the guiding territory. I would contact them for fees to get a motor vehicle across. I have hunted that area a lot and I used to work there for a lot of years too. Its getting grown up now but there was some new logging last year I heard.
    PM me, I will help ya out.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I recently flew over your area. South and east of Chief Louie is burnt. Cheslatta barge will not take hunters across. Probably a boat hunt or fly in are your options. I hunt the area nearly every year. It a beautiful area if you can arrange access. Good luck. shoot me a PM if you need any more info