Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okanagan Bighorn Draw

Okanagan Bighorn Draw

Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to win a Bighorn Draw in 8-01. I’m just wondering if anyone has any pointers or advice? Local knowledge or tips on the area would be great but also any advice on hunting in what I’m assuming will be very hot dry conditions.

Ryan
    I'm so much cooler Online.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Okanagan Bighorn Draw

Which part of 8.01 is your draw for?

There's a group that regularly wanders around the ranches McClean Creek Road Ok Falls. I've seen them from my parents' mobile at Peachcliff Estates. That's just outside the northern boundary of 8-1 & too close to civilization for hunting but I imagine they roam up into the mountains in that area. Highway 97 just south of there has signage regarding the sheep in the area. Again, not sure about legality of hunting near the highway.

Altitude is your friend with regard to temperature. Things cool off nicely once you're up out of the valley into the trees. Whether you'll find them higher up is another matter. Lucky you! Hope you're successful.
    Last edited by mike31154; 07-20-2021 at 07:58 AM.

With all the fires burning down there in 8-01 going to be a very tough season . Get a good map and make sure you know were the non hunting areas are in 8-01 , lots of FN land , private property and the Vaseux Lake National park reserve non hunting zone .
    Best of luck down there .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

The sheep are in very specific areas in this unit. Will put something together and help you out. 8-01 has 2 significant wildfires right now with area restrictions in place so access is likely going to be an issue.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by campking View Post
    Which part of 8.01 is your draw for?
    It is all of 8-01
    I'm so much cooler Online.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    The sheep are in very specific areas in this unit. Will put something together and help you out. 8-01 has 2 significant wildfires right now with area restrictions in place so access is likely going to be an issue.
    very kind to see this kind of generosity! Good on you HCBC!!!

Wow congratulations, hopefully your successful!! I have absolutely nothing to offer you but I am watching this thread with interest haha. That’s my dream draw.

Well done Gents.
    Srupp

I live in 8-1, At the moment pray for rain because all the sheep are in areas that you can’t hunt right now.