Thread: What do V.I. lake Cutthroat bite?

What do V.I. lake Cutthroat bite?

Going to northern V.I. next week. I grew up there but never fished fresh water.

What spincast lures might work for cutts in the lakes there?

I don't fly fish.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What do V.I. lake Cutthroat bite?

in places like Alice, Victoria lakes, rooster tails work great. especially at the mouths of some of the rivers running into Alice lake. this time of year the pink rooster tails might get you a coho in Alice lake as well

pick up a fly rod and start lol. best money you will ever spend in my opinion. as for what you wanna do, i would use a dick nite spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerHunter View Post
    pick up a fly rod and start lol. best money you will ever spend in my opinion. as for what you wanna do, i would use a dick nite spoon.
    My general interest in any kind of fishing is pretty minimal. At 68 fly-fishing is a rabbit hole I would rather not dive into.

I happen to be camping next week and thought I'd bring the rod and try casting a few spinners out.

I'll second the rooster tails.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

I’ve had some success with panther martins & rooster tails. Fellow I know has done well with 5 of diamonds. Try a bright colour and if that doesn’t work, switch to a darker colour of the same lure

I used to use red bolo's. Most spinners work. Cutthroat are not shy feeders. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    My general interest in any kind of fishing is pretty minimal. At 68 fly-fishing is a rabbit hole I would rather not dive into.

I happen to be camping next week and thought I'd bring the rod and try casting a few spinners out.
    I get you with your level of interest but fly fishing seems to have this stigma attached to it that makes everyone feel like its gonna be hard when its really so basic and simple that i actually prefer it to spincast rods. Good luck though!! Post pics if you catch a big one!

you have probably been and gone lol but!
    Dont forget a couple Croc spoons. the smaller sizes.. especially brass with the red stripe and brown hash marks... they cast far so it makes them a good choice for beach casting.... find a creek mouth ...