Thread: First 2 weeks of August fishing - ideas? Port Hardy?

First 2 weeks of August fishing - ideas? Port Hardy?

All:

I have my son to myself for the first 2 weeks of August. We've been doing a boys fishing trip for the past few years - he's 10.

First I was going to take him to the states because a friend of mine just got his guide license in the Adirondacks. But, since he's only 10 and not vaccinated he would have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Canada. No go.

Then, I was planning to go north of Kamloops in the interior and explore a couple of rivers up there. But, I'm currently at my cabin south of Kamloops and with the smoke it's pretty miserable. That and with the fires where we can and can't (and shouldn't!) go are constantly changing.

Maybe head over to the island? I'm really hoping to do some river fishing and we're up for an adventure.

NImpkish?
    Marble RIver?
    Quatse?

We want to fly fish. My son occasionally grabs his spinning rod if things get tight but we mostly fly fish now.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Now that I'm divorced we can take our time and make an adventure out of it. We'll have fun no matter what we do but I've already had 2 plans kiboshed and I'm struggling to find another option.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First 2 weeks of August fishing - ideas? Port Hardy?

Come north. Lots of lakes around Prince George, good for fly fishing. Had a lot of rain lately, skies are clear.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

Sent you a PM

Take the youngin Sheep hunting off the HWY.

Great share together.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

I'm hoping for some river fishing. Lakes are fun - but we fish our lake quite a bit (not this year - but usually) so I'm hoping for some wet wading.

By then the pinks should be plentiful here in Campbell River, they are already starting to show up but rain has been scarce so the run is still holding at the headwaters. The fishery is ideal for young people and I take my two younger step sons fishing there all the time. If you do decide to head this way I can help get you set up and show you where to fish.
    Cheers.
    "stupid branch got in the way...."

Neckshot: I will take you up on that. I'll let you know when I get closer to the dates. We know how to fish - but getting some guidance on where to go would be awesome. And, I'm always up for sharing a beer with fellow fishermen, hunters, dads, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    By then the pinks should be plentiful here in Campbell River, they are already starting to show up but rain has been scarce so the run is still holding at the headwaters. The fishery is ideal for young people and I take my two younger step sons fishing there all the time. If you do decide to head this way I can help get you set up and show you where to fish.
    Cheers.

Sounds good, I am happy to help.
    "stupid branch got in the way...."