Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
It’s personal preference, but I’m not a fan of the windshield in the middle of a boat. It takes up valuable space behind cover. The otter jet hull design is different than a standard tunnel hull too and should be tested on choppy water to see how it challenges cavitation. Outboard jets can cavitate considerably if not setup properly cause of their small intake system. If you do lean towards this boat, make sure you run one to satisfy yourself.
Windsor Motorsports in GP is a dealer for Firefish boats. Steve builds some real nice tunnel hull 15’-16’ tillers or center consoles that are wide, roomy and built to handle anything you throw at it. Again, price will be your limit. As far as boats stabilizing in price, it’s all dependent on the metal industry which is still crazy and no sign of letting off yet. If you’re handy, you could buy a hull, trim it out the way you like and power it. There are tons of options out there; get what you want/can afford, don’t just settle on what’s around you. If you need more info, Pm me.
I'll swing into Windsor and have a chat with them to see if a Firefish is even doable in my price range.

Any thoughts on inboard vs outboard in terms of fuel consumption, reliability and ease of maintenance?