Thread: Where oh where to go next

Where oh where to go next

Well. My dreams of cleaning up on leh this year being crushed. What zone would you fine folks suggest for say 6~8 days hunting. Experienced bush folk moose elk bear deer cougar wolf. Options are endless. I keep looking towards the southern interior. But open to ideas Would be driving to the location. One of the group is terrified of the flying thing. Coming from the island not looking for honey holes or exact co-ordinates. Wall tents or travel travel trailers for accommodation none of us like hotel hunting lol (that’s the cougar hunt on the way home ) lol

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where oh where to go next

I like going North, past Prince George. If you’re making the trip from the island, why not go a little further where you might find a 10 point or better moose area. Bear and cougar hunting are probably far better on the island than anywhere else and there’s wolf and deer there too, just no big mulies or white tails.

Just my two bits. Find a spot open for spike-fork moose or ten point and better. If it’s elk you’re after than I don’t have a clue, but from what I understand they can be harder to hunt.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

6 to 8 days is not alot of time to go hunt an area you have never been to before. Northern BC sounds good but realistically you might have to drive 20 hours plus to get to where there is a season that gives you some kind of chance at a moose or elk. ( 2-pt, 10-pt, 3-pt etc.) Check your game seasons and what might be available and when. Our moose season in the Okanagan is very short and heavily hunted, and you gotta know where your chances are best. How are you hunting? Walking , Atv's, driving. Region 4 is steep, 8 and 3 can be too.
    From Van Isle , I would go on a good days drive somewhere in south BC, and have a good scouting camping and eye opener hunting trip. Maybe reg 3 or 8. Might take a few years to find a spot that you want to return to. Check out youtube, there are lots of vids out there of BC hunting.

Most of all, have a great time and just get out there.
    B.
    Grandpa used to say, "ya know, when you point your finger at someone , three of your fingers are pointed back at you."

Throw a dart at a map and go explore. Might be fun!

I’ll pick a random spot for you that I have never been to . Tumbler ridge !!! Try it. Love it! Hate it ! You choose!!!! Or. Maybe the Skeena for the any bull opening. I like the dart idea !!!!!!!!!!

Actually. I quite like that dart idea, will need to make a target based on GOS availability of course, but that could get interesting for sure…the gf just rolled her eyes reading over my shoulder hahaha,

^^^great idea for sure.....

I was faced with the same sort of question. And asked acquaintance about a road.I said I've never been down that road. He answered, that's a good reason to go. The old BC Rec atlas was a great resource for that.

When doing distance, I use to fiquire an average of about 50 miles an hour (80 kilometers) what with gas stops, burgers stops, and piss stops. So you can use that to get an idea of distance/time. .

The dart idea sounds great! Screenshot region 3 and huck. Once you hit an area, open the regs and see what’s around there. Logan Lake area south of Fruitloops looked pretty awesome to me when I drove through on a fishing trip last year. I have had great adventures by just looking at the squiggly lines on a map and saying “let’s drive this road” at random. I’ve found some amazing country that way, and also some places I never need to see again...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.