Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your best moose calling video

Post your best moose calling video

I’m just getting back from a family trip where we ran into a bunch of moose on the highway and it got me pretty pumped for the rut. Post up a link to your favourite/most informative video you’ve seen to get those bulls in.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Post your best moose calling video

the one and only cow moose I have ever listened to for any length of time sounded way more desperate than any calling instructional videos I have ever listened to ….I sat for close to an hour...while bulls grunted around her and me but the bulls stayed in the thick timber til dark….. when I first heard the cow I thought it was my buddy being silly but the splashing and moaning was too loud for a person to do....we shot a bull near there the next day
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 07-09-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Here’s one.

This guy is obviously in full rut and desperate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmsQd...ature=youtu.be
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    the one and only cow moose I have ever listened to for any length of time sounded way more desperate than any calling instructional videos I have ever listened to ….I sat for close to an hour...while bulls grunted around her and me but the bulls stayed in the thick timber til dark….. when I first hear the cow I thought it was my buddy being silly but the splashing and moaning was too loud for a person to do....we shot a bull near there the next day
    Can u describe it at all? One long groan out of the cow? How far apart was shebellowing?

I try and do one long cow call every 20 minutes and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    the one and only cow moose I have ever listened to for any length of time sounded way more desperate than any calling instructional videos I have ever listened to ….I sat for close to an hour...while bulls grunted around her and me but the bulls stayed in the thick timber til dark….. when I first hear the cow I thought it was my buddy being silly but the splashing and moaning was too loud for a person to do....we shot a bull near there the next day
    So true...we had them around our camp after dark...think desperate horny sex, erratic calling that went on for an hour, if you ve ever heard a cat in heat, the desperation is similar...it changed my idea of calling forever..sounded different than any calling video I've ever heard...I don't think you can call too much in the rut and make lots of noise, they are big animals, sounding like they were breaking 4 inch trees while running around trying to get a ride.....there were 3 different bulls crashing around, one sounded fake, like an unauthentic no excitement monotone guy saying UH UH UH lol we joked he was shitty at being a moose..
    Last edited by ElectricDyck; 07-09-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpkwrz...ature=youtu.be

I think this video is pre-rut or very early in the rut. The bulls are interested, but not quite stupid enough and they’re not willing to compete with each other for the prize. I think this is what happened to me last fall. I had a few bulls come in, but couldn’t get them to step out in the open.

This is simiilar to what we heard...and awesome footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0eiW-nDks8
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpkwrz...ature=youtu.be

I think this video is pre-rut or very early in the rut. The bulls are interested, but not quite stupid enough and they’re not willing to compete with each other for the prize. I think this is what happened to me last fall. I had a few bulls come in, but couldn’t get them to step out in the open.
    I had a bull I was calling in, it’s a long story, but I gave up and moved my position. I saw his tracks coming into me after I moved and decided to circle this knob and try to run into him later on without chasing. I stopped midday for a dump, had my bag and rifle laying 30 yards from me and this I want to say giant but pretty big bull came through the trees towards me letting out this hi pitched long grunt thing that I e never heard on any video and they were one after another with no gaps in between.

I’ve posted this pic before, but this guy

Hmm send PM and I will call..then moose call..different when searching and then answering a responding bull..
    Srupp