Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your best moose calling video

Re: Post your best moose calling video

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I’ve posted this pic before, but this guy

Beauty Bull! Exciting Times!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

When my daughter was a baby, fed, dry and comfy, but crying, the best way to get her to stop and smile, was long cow bellows, worked nearly every time. That’s how we communicate around the house now if one of us is looking for the other, good old moose calls haha.

A couple years ago, my lady and I were making a play on a goat. We spooked a bull about 20 minutes prior, I tried a few calls and grunts to get him to come back, but no dice.

Not much longer up the Bush, I heard a grunt from up ahead of us, so made a couple calls back, this guy came in pretty hot. Unfortunately we had already filled a moose tag (group draw, but not greedy), so played him a little bit. My gal was pretty excited, was her first time being part of a moose call in.

https://youtu.be/MFIrFxtYKsc

Few years back, my then 18 yr daughter and I were out hunting moose. As we were walking in to set up and start calling, I could already hear a moose grunting in the distance. When we finally set up, I started to call, and he responded, and started to come in. Some 40 min or so later, and him just being out of our site, it sounded like he was finally giving up, and turning and walking away, as we could hear his grunting getting further back.
    That is when I changed tactics and tried a cow in heat call. Watched a bunch of videos on different calling sounds.

Well, he seemed to turn and came in hot and horny. I could hear his grunting totally changed, and he came in like he owned the place. Just in 100 yards I gave him a grunt to stop him in his tracks, and that is when we lined up to shoot. Her first bull experience, and it will be a lifetime experience at that.

Was close to the bawling of that video on here, above of the Alaska moose. Just a bunch of bawling and going on like she is being harassed by a young bull and doesn't want anything to do with him. Please come and save me bawl to a larger bull.

Bustercluck . I have to tell you the first time I heard someone cow calling on a moose trip I just about fell out of the boat laughing ! I could not believe an animal of that size would sound like that . But I did my research and practiced and I have taken 3 bulls by cow calling . They came right in to me ! You can call with your bare hands or magnify it with a birch call or with what Steven will recommend a Magnum Call . I forgot the name of the fella who is the world guru at moose calling but Steven will tell you . The guru has videos out you can purchase .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

World champion moose calling winner..K.C CAPLING..his fibreglass calling horns are sold at Cabals..I bought the KC CAPLING MOOSE MAGNUM.., 22 INCH MODEL. Highly recomened..tone..resonance. .volume.
    srupp

Also the artificial scents they make WORK! We hung them in the trees around camp and the bulls would walk the line of scents, unfortunately it was too warm during the day, so they would do it after dark which sucked but the scents definitely coax out the horny bulls..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

last year

https://youtu.be/ctcvv3B0f28

Will try to find others

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    last year

https://youtu.be/ctcvv3B0f28

Will try to find others

Cheers

SS
    Awesome video!

Was that your video? Was all that barking from you guys or was the bull grunting back?
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Hmm great video..
    The scent is important too BUCK EXPERT..seems to work best over many years..then code blue..tinks. doesn't seem to work at all period..lol
    FOR scent dispensers I recomend TAMPONS..inexpensive. .come with tie up string..soaks up lots of synthetic moose urine..are biodegradable. .and confuses conservation officers when the box of tampons.are spotted on the table with 4 guys in camp lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Awesome video!

Was that your video? Was all that barking from you guys or was the bull grunting back?
    Yes my video, that me walking up to the bull.

It is me grunting at him and him grunting back. I carried my rifle over my head and swayed back and forth. When he raked the bushes, I stepped behind a tree and told him to f*ck off. He finally did. We called him back in again 500 m away and an hour later. He was a little more shy that time and held up in the thick stuff with another cow.

I have done this many times with bulls; get them going and them challenge them, don't be shy. If he is a bigger bull, he will come to challenge you back. If not them he was either ass kicked by another bull or is a small bull.

They are fun to hunt!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!