Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: downrigger fishing

Re: downrigger fishing

No!
    I'll say it would likely cost about $3000 in fines and 3-5-8 years without a fishing licence. Forfeit all your gear.
    Let us know how it turns out.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/...miere-eng.html
    about half way down fish with a fixed weight.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It way better without a rod that's why. Less blowback, you can put more hooks down. Easier to get the fish in just press the button and let the downrigger do the work. Way faster, less tangles. The haida from old masset do it.
    It is not way easier without a rod. I agree a rigger will help get em up a ways but anything over 30# will trip the breaker on a Scotty. Haven’t used the new fancy scotties that will handle a 20# ball though. I just bury my release clips on the hard setting and hit the auto and keep up with the rod/reel, get em up a ways then they’ll pop off the clip and finish em off with the rod/reel. If your trolling deep you need them 60” booms to keep the lines spread apart, if you have a meat line tagged on it’s not that easy to get your paws on that tag to finish the fish off at the boat. Way easier with a rod/reel, not to mention meat lines are illegal for white people.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..