Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose Hunting Region 7:07

Moose Hunting Region 7:07

Moving up to Williams Lake Aug 1st. My son and I got a moose draw in 7:07 Prince George area. My son just got his license and can't wait to get my feet on the ground. Going to try hunting south of Eaglet lake, first time in the area. Should be a great outing weather we get something or not.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose Hunting Region 7:07

Lots of private land around eaglet lake. I would look into going to a different spot. Just a suggestion

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Definitively a good area. I don't know the present statistic but 30 years ago the area south of Eaglet Lake held the highest Moose concentration in all of North-America. Tons of Bears including Grizzly in that area to not to mention a very sizable Wolf Pack.

Good Camping spots for Campers directly off the Road near Giscome on Eaglet Lake.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

How long are you going to be up in PG on the hunt? I have a few spots you could try, if you have a map book, or some kind of map I could show you some areas to check out.
    I wan't successful on this draw this year.

Try the beaver-bear road, well we hunted it 20 years ago and got moose but it may be all grown in now? Hit google earth
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Try up the hill from eaglet lake in the Aleza lake area. It's a little thick in there but there's quite a few moose.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

7-7 id head over towards the bowron River. Great country for moose there.

Been about 15 years but coalmine rd, willow bowron, tsus mtn, wansa, pitoney, grizzly lake is where would get our moose.

Walk down along the Willow or Bowron. Call, move slow, take an elk tag. Oh ya, grizzlies in there too, keep your eyes open.

If you want to do virtual scouting forget Google earth, images are years old. Try sentinal playground, the satelite images are updated almost daily.