Thread: Field Training (Lower Mainland)

Field Training (Lower Mainland)

Hello everyone. I'm training my second Golden Retriever (she's now 16 weeks old) and looking for a private grass field in Pitt Meadows, or Fort Langley area. I want to be able to use our bumper launcher with 22 blanks, and various other training methods. Are there any groups or land owners that are willing to grant access once a week for a few hours? Willing to pay for access. Ideally, would also be able to hunt there a couple times in the fall with my (hopefully) well-trained hunting dog. If anyone is interested I started an Instagram site for her adventures from her day #1 ... "lolatygoldluckycharm" (her full CKC registered name).

I lost my first Golden and best ever hunting partner to TPLO surgery complications over Christmas ... be so very cautious with what gets prescribed for post-surgery pain killers and NSAIDs (it's a long story).

Thank you,
    Peter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Field Training (Lower Mainland)

Any luck? I'm looking for the same thing in Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows area.

I would suggest reaching out to a retriever club in the area as they not only have access to training grounds, but also the equipment and an incredible amount of training experience.

Check out the National Retriever Club of Canada’s website - http://www.nrcc-canada.com/hunt-test...-ht-sched.html …. Both the HT and FT event pages will give you contact info for a club in your area. Even if the club is not “close” they may have members in your area that could help!
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Creek View Post
    I would suggest reaching out to a retriever club in the area as they not only have access to training grounds, but also the equipment and an incredible amount of training experience.

Check out the National Retriever Club of Canada’s website - http://www.nrcc-canada.com/hunt-test...-ht-sched.html …. Both the HT and FT event pages will give you contact info for a club in your area. Even if the club is not “close” they may have members in your area that could help!
    X2.

Fraser Valley Retriever Training Club – Facilitating the training of working retrievers for recreational pursuits (fvrtc.org)

BC Labrador Retriever Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.