Thread: Kitimat...

Kitimat...

I am thinking about going fishing on the Kitimat River out of Kitimat.
    Is it considered freshwater or saltwater? Do I need a Tidal Waters license? Salmon Conservation Stamp??
    Anybody know???

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kitimat...

Most of the access is to the non-tidal portion as the tidal flats are accessible through Alcan or native property as far as I remember. Fishing boundaries used to be clearly marked on the river at the boundary but the Fishing Regulations book should have them mapped out as well. Salmon Conservation Stamp if you are keeping the species listed. Where are you planning on fishing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

You need a stamp regardless of what your fishing if its in a river after July 1. Talk with local shop and make sure you know the regs. If you don't a fish cop definitely inform you of them along with hefty fines

You always need a salmon stamp

Tidal waters of the Kitimat River upstream of a line from the old Eurocan dock at 53 degrees 59.600 minutes N 128 degrees 40.733 minutes W to the kiosk at MK Bay marina at 53 minutes 58.841 minutes N 128 degrees 39.144 minutes W.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 07-06-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

It's funny, this post hasn't been around for very long but it's already indexed by search engines
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

it is freshwater and you need a salmon conservation stamp, good luck!

If you say you're sustenance fishing you don’t need anything in the way of licences…

Funny story. We were fishing off the south end of Quadra last year and the fish cops pulled up next to us. They asked if we had caught anything and if we were sport fishing or sustenance fishing. I said we had just got out so no fish yet and that we were sustenance fishing. We were planning on keeping anything legal and eating it so by definition we were sustenance fishing. Before I could add that neither of us were Indians and we both had licences they said have a good day and took off.

Thanks for all your information!!