Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV windshields from amazon? Heated Grips?

ATV windshields from amazon? Heated Grips?

Hey - anybody ever ordered a windshield for their atv from amazon? I froze last year on a couple of 30km november rides into a hunting spot. At least I was smart enough to make a list of things I needed for this season. Anyway thought I'd better jump on it before I run out of time. Also have a buddy who has heat demon grips - he says his hands cook even in really cold weather. Thought that would be a good option too.

Anyway there area ton of options on amazon so wondered if any of you have had positive or negative experiences with any of them. They all appear to be cheapo non-brand name ones...

Cheers!
    TJ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV windshields from amazon? Heated Grips?

Wish I could help, I am definitely following this thread, hate frozen nose hairs.

I've used the handle bar mitts with good success. I've met guys that use heated grips with the ear flap type things [ more common on dirt bikes ] to keep the wind off and they say that setup works well. I've never used a windshield though.

I have a windshield on my ATV that I bought specifically for my atv for a dealer. If on Amazon, I suggest selecting a windshield that shields your hands as well. With that, you can get away without heated grips as the wind isn't blowing on your hands (although heated grips are are nice to have). On really cold days, I use those disposal hand warmers inside my gloves.

I built a storage box on the front of my atv and then mounted a 1/4" plexiglass windshield on it. I made it so it would fold down flat on top of the storage box, sometimes it is nice to have the breeze on yer face. I also need it to fold down to be able to load it into the pickup under the boat loader rack.
    For the hands I have a pair of muffs that strap to the handle bar they are designed for being able to be removed easily when weather is warm.
    MM

What you need to keep your hands warm and protected are stand alone hand guards separate of your windscreen if you want to run one .... even tho you can get fast shipping with Amazon I would look at the line up “ Kimpex “ has to offer ... places like “Gnarlys “ in Chilliwack and “ Fortnine “ back east and also “ Royal Distributing “ are places I would look at ... out of everything I would say hand warmers are a must .. and a pair of good mittens .. not gloves .
    Last edited by Ferenc; 07-05-2021 at 10:36 PM.

I have a Black Boar ATV windshield from Amazon, along with Symtec / Heat Demon heated grips and Kolpin Geartector gauntlets. With a good pair of bibs, it’s a pretty good combination for chilly weather. But, riding any distance on a quad in -15C still sucks, it has it’s limits.

The Black Boar windshield took a bit of minor modifying to fit my Hondas, but pretty minor. I’d do it again.
    Pretend hunter.

Some really good suggestions from all of you guys:
    Kimpex
    Hand guards
    Folding windshield (gotta say I never thought of the drawback of no wind)
    Disposable hand warmers
    Mitts not gloves
    Black boar.

I’ll take a look into all those - thanks and much appreciated guys.
    TJ

I bought the camcorder black boar off Amazon last November and paid like $95 for it. Just looked it up and it’s like $215 for it. Just keep an eye on it and it may drop. Bought my tree stand for like $150 off just by looking at it every few days.

The wind shield is good once you mount it (took some doing as I already had a few things mounted on handle bars) the brackets stay there but it could easily be removed with a couple of Allan screws.

Also has the Heat Demon grips. The thumb and grips were heated (5 settings). I like them as sometimes in September in early morning it was cold that the grips took the edge off. Bought them at Canadian tire. For like $119 if memory serves me right.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

A windshield makes a huge difference for cold riding. I have a quick release unit for my sportsman. The only drawback is dust and snow will swirl in behind it. Heat demons work great. Hand guards go a long way to helping as well.