Thread: New Toy Arrived Today

Thumbs up New Toy Arrived Today

I was toying with the idea of getting another scope for my crossbow after Hawke came out with their new XB30 Compact 1.5-6x56. This one offers reticles (crosshairs) illuminated to 100 yards, a distance I practice at frequently. It also has a larger objective lens than the one currently on my bow.

The one I have now is Hawke's now discontinued XB 30 Compact. It has seen a hell of a lot of abuse, and bears the scars to prove it. Many many fine hunts, taken a lot of game through it, and it has never lost it's zero nor needed any TLC whatsoever. So one can safely assume I rather like their products.

Did a lot of hunting, then finally found a source that beat the hell out of everyone else's prices. By a considerable margin that is! So, took the leap and ordered it.

Arrived today. Going to be mounted tomorrow, and shooting rather soon methinks.
    One Happy Camper over here as a consequence!

Here's the digs for anyone interested:

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/xb30-compact-15-6x36-sr.html

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Toy Arrived Today

Nice one! Now if you also upgrade your bow you will be the coolest kid on the block!! Put the old scope on the old bow as a backup! :-0 I love encouraging others to spend their money on cool toys!! LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I treated myself to a nice Anschütz .22 a few years ago. Initially had a Leupold scope on it but later ordered an Anschütz branded Hawke. Very impressed with the quality & it didn't break the bank. I ordered it from the same retailer as the rifle, Nordic Marksman in Nova Scotia. Great outfit to deal with & they support Biathlon Canada. They don't do archery so no can get crossbow specific scope from them, but they have a lot of very nice firearm bling.

Please excuse the firearm photo in the Archery Forum but I simply have to share this beauty. I also replaced the original stock with a thumbhole thru Nordic Marksman. I have more money in this .22 than most of my other bang sticks.

The image on their web site doesn't do justice to it, I was blown away when I unpacked it.
    https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Rifle...-12x44-AO.html

Can't go wrong when a company like Anschütz collaborates with a scope manufacturer to design a product for their brand.

Arrow Re: New Toy Arrived Today

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Nice one! Now if you also upgrade your bow you will be the coolest kid on the block!!
    Upgrade an Excalibur Matrix 380?
    Are you high?? (j/k)

This is THE toughest, hardest hitting and accurate crossbow I've ever run with.
    In fact I am so pleased with it and have well indicated it's deadliness in the field that many of my Buddies now own the same.
    I have zero interest in any of the Star Wars pulley bows whatsoever.
    In short, this very much was my final upgrade.

And yep, that is indeed my Final Decision!!

There will always be room for more accessories / toys down the road to dump coin into, but I ain't giving up my bow!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Upgrade an Excalibur Matrix 380?
    Are you high?? (j/k)

This is THE toughest, hardest hitting and accurate crossbow I've ever run with.
    In fact I am so pleased with it and have well indicated it's deadliness in the field that many of my Buddies now own the same.
    I have zero interest in any of the Star Wars pulley bows whatsoever.
    In short, this very much was my final upgrade.

And yep, that is indeed my Final Decision!!

There will always be room for more accessories / toys down the road to dump coin into, but I ain't giving up my bow!

Cheers,
    Nog
    Oh famous last words!! haha I thought you'd be getting one of those fancy double bolt jobs that spit them out at 550 fps?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."